Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: bigbob on September 22, 2007, 01:04:51 pm
-
I went through all my images flagged X and P brought up all the P images selected all and hit + on collections. So far everything is ok. I opened all the image in the collection in grid mode. I highlighted all the table shots 60 images, went to + add as child Named ALL TABLES- Checked both boxes. What I got in the child folder is all images but the tables shots. Tried several time same problem. What am I doing wrong??HELP Bob
-
I went through all my images flagged X and P brought up all the P images selected all and hit + on collections. So far everything is ok. I opened all the image in the collection in grid mode. I highlighted all the table shots 60 images, went to + add as child Named ALL TABLES- Checked both boxes. What I got in the child folder is all images but the tables shots. Tried several time same problem. What am I doing wrong??HELP Bob
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141244\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you put images from a collection into a sub collection, they appear in both collections regardless of how you set "include photos from subitems". Of course that is because they are in both collection.
As to why you seem to be getting exactly the inverse selection of what you choose, I've no idea. I've tried this on a number of collections and it works. The Invert Selection command has no shortcut key, so I don't image it to be this.
Is the above description exactly how you are doing it?
-
Are you absolutely certain about the initial selection on this? Check that you don't have any Filters enabled.
If not, try this instead:
1. make a new Collection without anything selected - give it a new name etc., be sure all the checkboxes in the New Collection dialog box are unchecked
2. go back to the folder view if necessary, make your selection of thumbnails
3. drag the selected photos onto the Collection name in the panel list. (You need to drag a thumbnail and not the cell area.) You will see a stacked image icon when you're hovered over the right place.
One other thing - if you've made Stacks within Folders, only the top (Most Selected) image in the Stack will go into the Collection.