Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mlondon on September 21, 2007, 05:38:41 pm

Title: Help: Epson 2400 wont recognize Photo Black Cart.
Post by: mlondon on September 21, 2007, 05:38:41 pm
Hi,

I pulled my old Epson 2400 out to get ready to give to my sister. I tried swapping from Matte Black to Photo Black. The Status Monitor shows that the Photo Black cartridge is installed, but my applications (Aperture, Photoshop) do not give the Photo Black Paper options (Lustre, Glossy, etc) in the print dialogue. Running Mac OS 10.4.10 and most recent Epson drivers. I've tried removing and reinstalling the drivers, shutting down/restarting, etc. No luck. Any suggestions?

Thank you....
Title: Help: Epson 2400 wont recognize Photo Black Cart.
Post by: pflower on September 22, 2007, 10:05:29 am
Under earlier Mac OSX versions this was a well known problem. Don't know if it still persists in 10.4.x.  The answer is to remove the printer from the Printer Setup and then add it in again.  I gave up on my 2100 (which had the same problem) but I think I remember someone suggesting that you could add 2 sets of printers (one for MK and one for PK) so as to avoid this problem.

Try removing and adding back and see if that helps

Philip
Title: Help: Epson 2400 wont recognize Photo Black Cart.
Post by: mlondon on September 23, 2007, 09:20:11 am
Quote
Under earlier Mac OSX versions this was a well known problem. Don't know if it still persists in 10.4.x.  The answer is to remove the printer from the Printer Setup and then add it in again.  I gave up on my 2100 (which had the same problem) but I think I remember someone suggesting that you could add 2 sets of printers (one for MK and one for PK) so as to avoid this problem.

Try removing and adding back and see if that helps

Philip
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm running 10.4.10 and it is still a problem. I did try removing the driver from the Printer Setup and adding again, but that didnt help.

I wound up turning the whole system off, unplugging the printer and going for a walk in the park. When I came back I pluggged everything back in again, rebooted, and it worked!

But I would still like to know the "correct" way to deal with this...

thanks,
Matthew