Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: free1000 on September 21, 2007, 05:04:45 am
-
Very excited to get some A4 sample packs of this paper, it seemed to be a bit heavier than epson gloss, but it didn't seem worthy of single sheet feeding so I put 5 sheets in.
The printer is behind my head so I couldnt' see what it was doing, but I very quickly realised something was wrong and all 5 sheets had fed.
This is probably where I went wrong. I switched off the printer and gently pulled the sheets back out of the printer as they had only gone about 1/3 of the way in not a lot of strength was required.
Now I get horizontal banding on prints on all weights of paper. Head alignment doesn't fix this.
Is the printer dead, or is it fixable?
My studio is becoming a bit of an elephants graveyard of Epson printers now (last count is 4 1290, 2100, 4000 now this).
-
The Harman papers feed fine through the sheet feeder on my R2400, but I only ever put one sheet in at a time. It seems odd that the printer should have mis-fed in the first place, because mine has always been very robust in this regard, and even more strange that you should now have a print quality problem.
Horizontal banding is usually caused by a nozzle blockage. It may be that the paper stack got as far as the print heads, and then caused a head strike, which has blocked one or more nozzles. Run a nozzle check on plain paper to assess this. If you have blocked nozzles run the normal cleaning routines as per the user manual.
Let us know how you get on.
John
-
Horizontal banding is usually caused by a nozzle blockage. It may be that the paper stack got as far as the print heads, and then caused a head strike, which has blocked one or more nozzles. Run a nozzle check on plain paper to assess this. If you have blocked nozzles run the normal cleaning routines as per the user manual.
Let us know how you get on.
John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140928\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks!
I'm so used to not nozzle checking this printer that I neglected to do this. Fixed!
I was a bit concerned because in the past I broke an HP printer by removing jammed sheets.
-
Well, it's nice when things turn out to be simple
Probably best to feed single sheets, just in case - enjoy the results!
John
-
Actually this reminds me of the importance of running occasional cleanings on printers that are clog free. Ink builds up around the outside of the nozzles which if moved cause some clogging that was not present , nor due to the nozzles clogging at the orifice.
Glad your 2400 didn't suffer anything after it's humble try to suck in 5 sheets of double weight!