Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jason F on September 20, 2007, 03:32:17 pm

Title: Moab Entrada 300 paper- how thick is a stack of it
Post by: Jason F on September 20, 2007, 03:32:17 pm
I'm ordering a new custom portfolio, and my bookmaker needs to know how thick the stack of prints will be. A perfectly reasonable question... except, I have no idea how thick it will be because I've only just now decided on the paper based on a bunch of samples, so I only have 2 sheets of this Entrada 300- not exactly a scientific measurement. I've got the paper on order, but it's being shipped here from InkJetArt, and until it arrives I have no way of measuring a real stack of 25 prints.

I'm going to end up with 25-30 prints in the book.

Moab's site says the paper is 22.5 mil (+/-.5 mil).

So theoretically, .225cm x 25 = 5.625cm = 2.215in.

Am I doing this math correctly?



Or, better yet... does anyone else use this paper, and would you mind taking a measurement of what 25-30 sheets of it stacks up to be?

Thanks for the help, I wasn't really sure who I could ask for help with this problem!
Title: Moab Entrada 300 paper- how thick is a stack of it
Post by: feppe on September 20, 2007, 03:38:39 pm
Quote
Thanks for the help, I wasn't really sure who I could ask for help with this problem!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140769\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Moab?
Title: Moab Entrada 300 paper- how thick is a stack of it
Post by: Richowens on September 20, 2007, 04:26:15 pm
A mil is .001 inch, not millimeter.

 Therefore it is 22.5 times 25 divided by 1000 which equals .56 and change inches.
Title: Moab Entrada 300 paper- how thick is a stack of it
Post by: Jason F on September 20, 2007, 05:02:52 pm
Quote
A mil is .001 inch, not millimeter.

 Therefore it is 22.5 times 25 divided by 1000 which equals .56 and change inches.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140783\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Rich- Wow, thank you! That makes a HUGE difference!

Thanks for the insight... I just *assumed* that "mil" ment millimeters. doh!