Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Streetwise on September 19, 2007, 07:54:14 pm

Title: Aptus Volume Gone Wild
Post by: Streetwise on September 19, 2007, 07:54:14 pm
Hi all,

I just installed LC11.2 as an upgrade from 10.1.  When I connected to my Aptus 65, it uploaded the firmware to the back. Immediately after that, the "beep" that the back makes was at least twice as loud as before, if not three times. The beep is annoying to begin with, but holy cow, this really takes the cake....

Is there any way to turn it down or off?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Title: Aptus Volume Gone Wild
Post by: nicolaasdb on September 19, 2007, 07:58:28 pm
you might have to upgrade your firmware.

sorry forget to mention to turn it off just pull the FW cable out and restarting your software mighthelp
Title: Aptus Volume Gone Wild
Post by: canmiya on September 19, 2007, 08:17:43 pm
Quote
Hi all,

I just installed LC11.2 as an upgrade from 10.1.  When I connected to my Aptus 65, it uploaded the firmware to the back. Immediately after that, the "beep" that the back makes was at least twice as loud as before, if not three times. The beep is annoying to begin with, but holy cow, this really takes the cake....

Is there any way to turn it down or off?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140566\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
there is a setting in one of the menus that will allow you to adjust the volume...also check all of your settings before you shoot...when i upgraded to 11, some of my settings reverted to the default ones.
regards
Title: Aptus Volume Gone Wild
Post by: Streetwise on September 19, 2007, 08:34:19 pm
Quote
there is a setting in one of the menus that will allow you to adjust the volume...also check all of your settings before you shoot...when i upgraded to 11, some of my settings reverted to the default ones.
regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140572\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Ahhh.. Yes, I found "sounds" via the touch menu. Since I shoot tethered 99% of the time, I obviously am not as familiar with the touch screen menus as I should be. It must have been when the firmware did the upgrade thing that it must have reset to "3". Nearly jumped out of my skin the first time it beeped - and that's not even the max setting... Makes me think of Spinal Tap with the volume going to 11.

Thanks again.

Dave
Title: Aptus Volume Gone Wild
Post by: Dustbak on September 20, 2007, 03:00:43 am
I always liked the loud beep, it always gave me the comfortable feeling of a successful capture  

I wish I could turn up the volume of the beep on my Hasselblad back.