Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Josh-H on September 19, 2007, 12:34:24 am

Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: Josh-H on September 19, 2007, 12:34:24 am
I need to purchase a lightbox for viewing prints.

Any reccomendations?
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: Avalan on September 19, 2007, 01:00:08 am
Check the link below : These are portable booths and the difference in the models is in the light bulbs. You can discus the detail with them to see which one suits your need better.

http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store/index...797f822c7258ba4 (http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=218&zenid=6f2efd494edb67fce797f822c7258ba4)
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: neil snape on September 19, 2007, 09:26:34 am
In  North America I think GTI are the best. Andrew Rodney and I once compared spectrum and CRI of his GTI vs the most popular here> Just Normlicht. The GTI wins hands down for quality.
If not Solux bulbs which are around 4700 K at 13 volts are very good if not better than any viewing booth thanks to a smooth spike free colour of light.
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: digitaldog on September 19, 2007, 09:31:10 am
I'm using the SOFV-1e from GTI and also have the office setup with various Solux bulbs (ceiling and desklamp). You might not need the transparency option (I never use it any more) but I like the digital dimmer on the GTI.
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: jschone on September 19, 2007, 11:38:04 am
Andrew,

-What is the distance in your case from ceiling to table with the solux lights? How many ceiling lights do you use?
-Which desklamp do you use?

Reason for asking is, I have the solux lights above my desk. The armature that I use is a very nice Italian design, only one "slight" problem: the bulbs are not covered on the top, so a lot of light is flooding out upwards..

Jochem


Quote
I'm using the SOFV-1e from GTI and also have the office setup with various Solux bulbs (ceiling and desklamp). You might not need the transparency option (I never use it any more) but I like the digital dimmer on the GTI.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140395\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: digitaldog on September 19, 2007, 11:47:05 am
Quote
Andrew,

-What is the distance in your case from ceiling to table with the solux lights? How many ceiling lights do you use?
-Which desklamp do you use?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=140440\")

I have four bulbs recessed in the ceiling nearby each workstation. I'd say this is a 12 foot ceiling. Then I have a Solux desk lamp and one on wheels I can move about the room.

I'm using the regular task lamps:

[a href=\"https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/tasklamps.html]https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/tasklamps.html[/url]
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: DarkPenguin on September 19, 2007, 07:47:11 pm
So, are there any options that are less dollar intensive?
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: jschone on September 20, 2007, 07:59:14 am
Yes, the solux lights. Then you just buy the bulbs. My setup is still not optimal, but andrew seems to have a good solution with ceiling lights and a task lamp.

Jochem

Quote
So, are there any options that are less dollar intensive?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140563\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Which lightbox?
Post by: colinm on September 20, 2007, 11:26:04 am
Quote
The armature that I use is a very nice Italian design, only one "slight" problem: the bulbs are not covered on the top, so a lot of light is flooding out upwards..

Solux offers a black-backed version of their bulbs intended to cut stray light output. Unfortunately it looks like the in-stock selection has been pared down (only 5000K now in the 35W size, everything but 5000K in the 50W), but they apparently will produce one in any configuration if you ask.