Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Henry Goh on September 17, 2007, 01:03:44 pm

Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: Henry Goh on September 17, 2007, 01:03:44 pm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:MEWA:IT&ih=011 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320158473083&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011)

Saw this auction just closed.  Seems to me price to be rather low.  Is that not the case?
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: Dustbak on September 17, 2007, 01:51:47 pm
I have seen it and determined it is probably a scam. Not sure how or why but just did not trust it. From the closing price so did others.
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: Henry Goh on September 17, 2007, 01:59:58 pm
Quote
I have seen it and determined it is probably a scam. Not sure how or why but just did not trust it. From the closing price so did others.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suspect you are right because seller did not get back to me regarding shipping cost to my location despite giving him 3 days before the auction closed.

Henry
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: Dustbak on September 17, 2007, 02:03:46 pm
Yeah that is usually a clear sign.

He also had a lot of very small auctions in the past none of them camera related. Anonymised auction doesn't instill a lot of faith either.
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: david.westphal on September 17, 2007, 02:06:52 pm
The person selling on ebay, as it turns out, was someone interested in my digital back that I have listed here on LL for sale.  He requested photos and I sent him some poor quality images.  Come to find the item on ebay for auction.  He did not purchase the back from me although he said he was going to buy it.  Later told me about the auction after I confronted him but was only willing to put down a deposit.  I have the back still for sale, but not at that price.  You can see the listing on the for sale forum.
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: garycamp on September 18, 2007, 05:45:48 pm
I emailed the seller early on in that auction with the simple question...

"If I win, can I inspect and pick up the item in person?"

His response was...

"no sorry. If the auctiond doesnt go as planned then i will be listing it in local papers. No, sorry"

I did not bid.
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: pixjohn on September 18, 2007, 07:32:43 pm
Another reason its a scam is the User ID kept private. This is pure scam sell.
Title: P45 V mount sold on Ebay
Post by: Henry Goh on September 23, 2007, 01:50:21 am
Looks like someone has reported to Ebay.  The listing has been removed and auction cancelled.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:MEWA:IT&ih=011 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320158473083&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011)