Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: michaelbs on September 17, 2007, 12:16:08 pm
-
Do you choose to check the "automatically write changes to xmp" option in LR 1.2 or not? And why?
-
Do you choose to check the "automatically write changes to xmp" option in LR 1.2 or not? And why?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139954\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No. It slows things down, and it doesn't really buy me anything as I don't use Bridge. All the info is already stored in the LR database.
In the rare chance I actually need to write out the XMP files, I just select "save" and it manually writes them. It's a lot more efficient.
-
No. It slows things down, and it doesn't really buy me anything as I don't use Bridge. All the info is already stored in the LR database.
In the rare chance I actually need to write out the XMP files, I just select "save" and it manually writes them. It's a lot more efficient.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I use the Photoshop Lightroom exchange a lot and use Bridge also (image processor).
Does this mean then that it would be better for me to turn it on?
-
I use the Photoshop Lightroom exchange a lot and use Bridge also (image processor).
Does this mean then that it would be better for me to turn it on?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140040\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It slows things down, as I noted. Again, it's very easy to save out the changes (via command or control S) to save all changes to XMP files in the folder you're in.
How many files we talking? There have been 100+ post threads on Adobe's forums about this. Maybe worth having a read.