Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: etrump on September 15, 2007, 11:05:31 pm

Title: Which phase one raw format?
Post by: etrump on September 15, 2007, 11:05:31 pm
Phase One claims there is no difference between the lossless format (IIQ Raw L) and the newer format (IIQRawS) which is not entirely lossless.  

My dealer, the phase one rep and manual all are saying pretty much the same thing which is "virtually" no quality difference between the two settings and recommend using IIQ Raw S.

Any recommendations or experience?  

I am leaving on a month long trip and have not been able to do as exhaustive a test as I would like to so I am leaning toward the L to be safe.
Title: Which phase one raw format?
Post by: johnkraus on September 16, 2007, 01:22:19 am
Quote
Phase One claims there is no difference between the lossless format (IIQ Raw L) and the newer format (IIQRawS) which is not entirely lossless. 

My dealer, the phase one rep and manual all are saying pretty much the same thing which is "virtually" no quality difference between the two settings and recommend using IIQ Raw S.

Any recommendations or experience? 

I am leaving on a month long trip and have not been able to do as exhaustive a test as I would like to so I am leaning toward the L to be safe.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
My experience is above ISO 400 stick with the IIQ Raw L