Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Rob C on September 15, 2007, 03:48:53 pm

Title: HP B9180 and Epson Paper
Post by: Rob C on September 15, 2007, 03:48:53 pm
Hi

I bought one of those printers some time ago and find it works well. However, I still have a stack of Epson Matte Paper-Heavyweight 167gsm which I used to employ with a basic Epson printer now reserved for mail purposes.

When I first got the HP I found a setting which allowed this Epson material to be used with fairly good results. Sadly, I can no longer find where I noted the setting to use with this paper since I´ve been using another brand lo these past months and only remembered the stash of Epson product when it showed up as I was looking for something else.

Does anybody out there in LuLa land have experience of the two together - know which setting works best?

Much obliged for any help.

Ciao - Rob C
Title: HP B9180 and Epson Paper
Post by: neil snape on September 15, 2007, 04:07:23 pm
I think the best place to look for info is the yahoo 9180 user group. There is a list of media, and quite a few profiles that members are sharing, of which Epson are in the list of media.
Otherwise I think if you use HP Smooth Fine art with the speciality media tray (surface up!) the associated HP profile would do in a pinch.
Title: HP B9180 and Epson Paper
Post by: Rob C on September 15, 2007, 04:27:07 pm
Quote
I think the best place to look for info is the yahoo 9180 user group. There is a list of media, and quite a few profiles that members are sharing, of which Epson are in the list of media.
Otherwise I think if you use HP Smooth Fine art with the speciality media tray (surface up!) the associated HP profile would do in a pinch.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139615\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Neil, I´ll write that down and give it a try!

Rob C
Title: HP B9180 and Epson Paper
Post by: DarkPenguin on September 16, 2007, 01:28:21 am
That sounds like what I did.  It works pretty well.
Title: HP B9180 and Epson Paper
Post by: Rob C on September 16, 2007, 06:50:23 am
Quote
That sounds like what I did.  It works pretty well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139690\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Mr P, it´s how I´ll go.

Rob C