Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: colourperfect on September 15, 2007, 01:26:02 pm

Title: Profiling Harman Baryta gloss paper
Post by: colourperfect on September 15, 2007, 01:26:02 pm
Hi,

I have received my sample pack and am creating some profiles with an Epson 2100.

I noticed that when I checked the profiles I have created that there seemed to be some issues in the shadows, not that uncommon !

I examined the grey balance traces in PMP5 and noticed the profile I created was far from tidy towards the origin.

I compared in against a canned profile I had downloaded and this confirmed the disparity.

I suspect this may be due to too much or too little ink?

Any ideas?

I havent got a huge amount of paper to play with so I thought I would ask the question

My custom profile

(http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1417/1386593074_ed2953aac0.jpg)

Harmans canned profile

(http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1324/1385697091_703c36a49e.jpg)

thanks
Title: Profiling Harman Baryta gloss paper
Post by: neil snape on September 15, 2007, 04:22:40 pm
It can be ink limiting , but more often than not it is color maps (separations) that are incompatible with the media and the ink limiting prescribed.
So you could do optimization with say Monaco for a pre-linearised driver chart, or try different charts in PM5.