Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jonathan Wienke on September 14, 2007, 05:20:59 pm

Title: California Dreamin'
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on September 14, 2007, 05:20:59 pm
I've been digging through my archives, and ran across this image from 2004:

[attachment=3244:attachment]

Comments and critiques welcome.
Title: California Dreamin'
Post by: Tim Gray on September 14, 2007, 05:50:14 pm
I like the very slight foreground detail and the sky/star capture.  I would have preferred it with only one just over the horizon source of light source - as it is now my eye bounces a bit between the 2.
Title: California Dreamin'
Post by: wolfnowl on September 14, 2007, 06:02:07 pm
I agree with Tim about the sky/star capture.  Not sure about the foreground though.  I think I'd like it to have either more detail or less.  What I mean is that there's enough light and shadow in the foreground that it makes me want to look at it, but when I do I see there's not much to look at.

And yes, it would be nice if one of those cities would turn off all of their lights so you could shoot it again!  ;-)

Mike.
Title: California Dreamin'
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on September 15, 2007, 05:02:10 pm
Quote
And yes, it would be nice if one of those cities would turn off all of their lights so you could shoot it again!  ;-)

I'm sure the cities of Sacramento and Davis, California would be honored to turn off all their lights for me if I asked politely...