Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: cesarrojo on September 12, 2007, 12:18:53 pm

Title: phase upgrade program
Post by: cesarrojo on September 12, 2007, 12:18:53 pm
How many times can you upgrade a phase back?
This depends on the country?
Thanks,
Cesar.
Title: phase upgrade program
Post by: cesarrojo on September 12, 2007, 03:57:58 pm
anyone?


Quote
How many times can you upgrade a phase back?
This depends on the country?
Thanks,
Cesar.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138913\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: phase upgrade program
Post by: vgogolak on September 13, 2007, 10:16:24 pm
I think the paths are defined as products come out. I actually went Kodak Back>P25>P45>P45+

not sure if I could have gone from P25 to P30 e.g.

Now that I have P45+ I expect the next upgrade will be price based on my back. If I had P45 I would expect the upgrade price to be higher


I don't think it is pre defined.

hope this helps

Victor
Title: phase upgrade program
Post by: narikin on September 14, 2007, 06:28:29 am
I dont think there is any limit to the number of times, as they make $ out of each upgrade, BUT the price of that upgrade depends on which model you trade in.

so - if they announce a new model, lets say a 'P60', and you are upgrading from the current top model the P45+, there will be a price of $x. But if you are upgrading from an old P20 back, it would be much more expensive, $xxx.

it is not a limited number of upgrades, but the upgrade price changes.

anyway, for the best answer, ask a dealer.
Title: phase upgrade program
Post by: clawery on September 14, 2007, 08:29:10 am
Quote
I dont think there is any limit to the number of times, as they make $ out of each upgrade, BUT the price of that upgrade depends on which model you trade in.

so - if they announce a new model, lets say a 'P60', and you are upgrading from the current top model the P45+, there will be a price of $x. But if you are upgrading from an old P20 back, it would be much more expensive, $xxx.

it is not a limited number of upgrades, but the upgrade price changes.

anyway, for the best answer, ask a dealer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Narikin is correct.  There are no set number of upgrades for any particular Phase One back.  He is also correct that the price on the upgrade will depend on what model back you have and what model you are looking to upgrade to.  

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com