Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: stanney2001 on September 11, 2007, 05:07:30 pm

Title: protective spray
Post by: stanney2001 on September 11, 2007, 05:07:30 pm
dear all,

would someone be able to recommed me a protective spray for my inkjet prints, im using mainly museo silver rag but am about to try harman FB AI

hope you can help

andrew stanney
Title: protective spray
Post by: mikeseb on September 11, 2007, 06:12:04 pm
I use Premier Art Print Shield. Can't recall where I got it--maybe Inkjetart.com ?
Title: protective spray
Post by: stanney2001 on September 11, 2007, 06:16:51 pm
thanks for that ill follow it up

andrew
Title: protective spray
Post by: tomrock on September 11, 2007, 07:43:36 pm
I use the Premier spray also, Inkjetart is pretty expensive. Take a look at http://www.itsupplies.com/ (http://www.itsupplies.com/) they have great pricing and service.

I had to correct the url.
Title: protective spray
Post by: Tango_01 on September 13, 2007, 06:29:08 am
I've used Krylon for digital prints http://www.krylon.com/main/product_templat...product_details (http://www.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5&sub_levelid=8&productid=1732&content=product_details)

It's about $7.50 and in matte is very good. Only downside is that spray pattern is round instead of flat so you have to cross spray it... I don't know how the other spray's pattern is but it should be flat to get a better laying of the lacquer. The end results are very good.
Title: protective spray
Post by: usathyan on September 13, 2007, 09:18:11 am
This is what i use:
http://www.krylon.com/main/product_templat...product_details (http://www.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5&sub_levelid=8&productid=1818&content=product_details)

I brought it at: http://www.dickblick.com/zz217/03a/ (http://www.dickblick.com/zz217/03a/)

The cheapest anywhere - I have both gloss and matt.

The only downside is the smell - its very strong....BUT, its cheap and well regarded.
Title: protective spray
Post by: skibum187 on September 13, 2007, 03:32:27 pm
I've been using Moab Desert Varnish and have been very happy with it thusfar
Title: protective spray
Post by: Andrew W on September 13, 2007, 09:28:44 pm
I too use desert varnish and have been well satisfied.I also use the cross spray pattern to avoid any obvious lines.