Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ternst on September 11, 2007, 12:39:05 pm
-
I'm having trouble finding a lab in the US that can make 60" x 80" inkjet prints - anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
Tim Ernst in Arkansas
-
Pictopia can go up to 50 x 120 and their quality is bar none.
www.pictopia.com
-
Ten inches too narrow...
-
depends on how long you can wait - the new Epson 64" would obviously work, but don't know when it will be available.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro...UseBVCookie=yes (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ProImaging/ProductDetails.do?sku=SP11880K3&BV_UseBVCookie=yes)
-
I'm having trouble finding a lab in the US that can make 60" x 80" inkjet prints - anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
Tim Ernst in Arkansas
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138652\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't know right off hand. What you are looking for is someone with a Grand Format printer. Epson just released the 11880 but I doubt anyone has one in a production environment yet. Others include GF printer makers Roland, Mamaki, Mutoh, Colorspan, etc.
What's your application? Many companies with printers this size specialize. Some will be printing banners on scrim vinyl for example, using solvent-based inks. Some will be printing billboard advertising, again with solvent-based inks. Fine art applications using pigment-based inks are harder to find.
What substrate do you want to print to? It may be difficult to find some substrates in rolls that wide. Fine art papers coated for pigment inks come to mind. Few of them are offered in rolls larger then 48" (in NA anyway).
-
Some folks have been using the new big Epson 11800 for a while now so there are a few out there - that would be the best answer, but I agree it may be another month before any lab has one to put into production. I really just need one print at this time, on something like Epson Premium Luster - it is for display in a gallery setting along with a bunch of smaller prints (30 x 40). Actually all I need is a price quote to include in a bid - the print won't be needed until November. I figured a lab somewhere would be making prints this large with other types of inkjet printers (won't the Epson 10000 go this large?) but I have not found one yet...
-
Some folks have been using the new big Epson 11800 for a while now so there are a few out there - that would be the best answer, but I agree it may be another month before any lab has one to put into production. I really just need one print at this time, on something like Epson Premium Luster - it is for display in a gallery setting along with a bunch of smaller prints (30 x 40). Actually all I need is a price quote to include in a bid - the print won't be needed until November. I figured a lab somewhere would be making prints this large with other types of inkjet printers (won't the Epson 10000 go this large?) but I have not found one yet...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=138703\")
The Epson 10000 is a 44". The 60" printers Z6100, iPF9000 may not be wide enough either if they can not make borderless at 60", no knowledge whether that is possible The Epson 11880 may be available soon but that doesn't mean there's a wide choice of 62" media available at the same time, plenty of iPF9000's that do not use the full width nowbecause the owner can't get the media he wants at that size. I think right now that the Roland, Mimaki and Mutoh guys are more familiar with the media choices available.
Ernst Dinkla
try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
-
Thanks everyone. Canon has some nice heavy luster paper available in 60" rolls - 59" image width would be fine with a little white border all around. If I could only find a lab that is printing. I did not realize that Epson papers were smaller - I wonder if they are going to support their new printer with larger rolls? Knowing Epson, probably not...
-
I was at the local (Perth, Western Australia) launch of the Epson 11880 last night and there were prints there on 60" wide Epson Premium Luster 260.
If there's some of that paper in Australia, it's sure to be available in the US - or at least it will be when the printer is available.
Regards
Frank
-
That's good news Frank - nothing on their US web site yet. Still, this is a 64" printer - I wonder if they are ever going to support it with a proper paper size? If not I hope there are other brands available that will take advantage of the wider format.
-
I'm having trouble finding a lab in the US that can make 60" x 80" inkjet prints - anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
Tim Ernst in Arkansas
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138652\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
looking in the wrong place. contact a sign shop . most have large format printers
60" models hp, mimaki,canon, roland
Ed
-
Yup, no problem finding lots of sign and billboard makers, but they don't make fine art prints. I have now located a couple of photo labs that can get the job done, but still looking for anyone who has personal experience with really big prints of 60" width. Thanks...
-
Yup, no problem finding lots of sign and billboard makers, but they don't make fine art prints. I have now located a couple of photo labs that can get the job done, but still looking for anyone who has personal experience with really big prints of 60" width. Thanks...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=138875\")
You don't mention what kind of paper you expect the print to be made on. In any case, I can recommend this shop. I know the owner and he's a perfectionist when it comes to printing. His 60" printer is the Canon iPF.
[a href=\"http://www.fineartgiclee.com/]Fine Art Impressions[/url]
-
I'm having trouble finding a lab in the US that can make 60" x 80" inkjet prints - anyone have a suggestion?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=138652\")
The Global Arts Group
[a href=\"http://www.theglobalartsgroup.com/]http://www.theglobalartsgroup.com/[/url]
-
I have now located a couple of photo labs that can get the job done, but still looking...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138875\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well don't keep it a secret. Who are these photo labs, and what equipment are they using for this work? I'm always interested in new sources.
-
This place will print on a variety of papers, although I'm not sure I've ever heard of "Nature Jet" paper before. They use the big Canon ipf9000. $8 per square foot. - http://www.elcocolor.com/ (http://www.elcocolor.com/)
Someone on another board said this place could do fine art prints but I have not called them yet - http://www.bigposters.com/2000bigposters.html (http://www.bigposters.com/2000bigposters.html). Not sure what printer they use.
I also have an individual with the big Canon that would print for $12 square foot on the nice Canon paper.
Looks like the Canon is the one folks are using, although I'm sure that will change to some degree when the Epson is more available, and especially if they come out with 64" paper, or anyone does...
Thanks for all the comments here!
-
This place will print on a variety of papers, although I'm not sure I've ever heard of "Nature Jet" paper before. They use the big Canon ipf9000. $8 per square foot. - http://www.elcocolor.com/ (http://www.elcocolor.com/)
Someone on another board said this place could do fine art prints but I have not called them yet - http://www.bigposters.com/2000bigposters.html (http://www.bigposters.com/2000bigposters.html). Not sure what printer they use.
I also have an individual with the big Canon that would print for $12 square foot on the nice Canon paper.
Looks like the Canon is the one folks are using, although I'm sure that will change to some degree when the Epson is more available, and especially if they come out with 64" paper, or anyone does...
Thanks for all the comments here!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=138900\")
I have not used them but they seem to have a really good reputation
[a href=\"http://www.duggal.com]http://www.duggal.com[/url]
-
I can do 60" prints on an HP5000 pigment ink.
Located in South Florida