Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: roskav on September 11, 2007, 05:23:06 am

Title: Cleaned screen with pledge!
Post by: roskav on September 11, 2007, 05:23:06 am
Hi there two relatively new NEC LCD2690WUXi screens were wiped with pledge by a new cleaner in the office... what do I do? They can't be used the way they are at present!

Ros
Title: Cleaned screen with pledge!
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on September 11, 2007, 07:03:47 am
Make the cleaner buy new monitors. If a mild soap & water solution doesn't clear up the problem, they are probably ruined.
Title: Cleaned screen with pledge!
Post by: roskav on September 11, 2007, 11:49:23 am
I'm going to get some distilled water .. mix with the soap and see... off to chemist!

Ros
Title: Cleaned screen with pledge!
Post by: John.Murray on September 11, 2007, 11:37:40 pm
Try obtaining some windscreen cleaner from a marina or aircraft supply - the stuff thats safe for lexan.  A very effective degreaser, I use it on my laptop & work displays  - good luck

Update: - Sprayway Glass Cleaner (available at Costco)
Title: Cleaned screen with pledge!
Post by: LA30 on September 14, 2007, 08:35:30 am
Quote
Try obtaining some windscreen cleaner from a marina or aircraft supply - the stuff thats safe for lexan.  A very effective degreaser, I use it on my laptop & work displays  - good luck

Update: - Sprayway Glass Cleaner (available at Costco)
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=138785\")


Sprayway Glass Cleaner
[a href=\"http://www.precisionreloading.com/sprayway.htm]http://www.precisionreloading.com/sprayway.htm[/url]

or http://www.eriecotton.com/Sprayway-Glass-C...CFUtyOAodKgXfww (http://www.eriecotton.com/Sprayway-Glass-Cleaner-p-1.html?gclid=CI-li_X6wo4CFUtyOAodKgXfww)


You can find it at NAPA auto parts, i think...Also Restoration hardware (because it looks retro).  I first heard about it when I did an art show and I made my own frames and cut my mattes.  I went to a glass place they have oil all over the glass when gutting to size...The said that this was the ONLY stuff that would get the oil off...This was about 8 yrs ago.  I use it all the time...Best application is the inside of the car window shield.  Make sure if you use paper towels get them wet/damp as not to scratch the monitors.

Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Ken