Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ron ritcher on September 10, 2007, 08:41:26 pm

Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: ron ritcher on September 10, 2007, 08:41:26 pm
Time to replace the originals, and though I expected to find much uniformity in cost, I've seen prices ranging from $45 to $60 per.  Times 8 or 9, those differences are not insignificant!

Any recommendations out there?  Frankly, I'm a tad worried about counterfeit issues, etc...  I hate to be a total cheapskate, but if I can save a hundred bucks, well, more new papers to try!

Thanks for your guidance!

--Ron
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: madmanchan on September 11, 2007, 08:46:48 am
Ron, there are reputable places that are selling at the lower end you mentioned (e.g., atlex.com). I have also ordered previously from www.pcsuperstore.com without problems.
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: dgillilan on September 11, 2007, 08:56:45 am
Quote
Time to replace the originals, and though I expected to find much uniformity in cost, I've seen prices ranging from $45 to $60 per.  Times 8 or 9, those differences are not insignificant!

Any recommendations out there?  Frankly, I'm a tad worried about counterfeit issues, etc...  I hate to be a total cheapskate, but if I can save a hundred bucks, well, more new papers to try!

Thanks for your guidance!

--Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ron,
If you are ordering all 9 at once, Canoga Camera offers a 5 % discount on ink cartridge purchases over $100, with the discount code on the website. Their regular price is $49.99 each I believe and with the 5% discount, it comes to about $22.50 off. Also, PCSuperStore.com has the cartridges at $43.13 each and $47.54 for photo black(different price ?), but don't know about shipping charges there and I have not ordered from them. I have ordered from Canoga and Atlex which charges $49.99 each I believe and about $8-9 UPS shipping.
Debra
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: tomrock on September 11, 2007, 10:24:43 am
I've bought ink from http://itsupplies.com (http://itsupplies.com) for several other Epson printers but not for the 3800. You have to actually add a cartridge to your shopping cart to see their price (has to do with the minimum advertised price or something),

These guys offer great service and have great pricing. I'm in Indianapolis, IN so regular shipping gets to me the next day from them.
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: Lisa Nikodym on September 12, 2007, 06:49:29 pm
atlex.com (mentioned by someone else above) is a reputable place with Epson ink at excellent prices.

Lisa
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: Ken Doo on September 12, 2007, 07:34:14 pm
I use Midwest Photo for my Epson ink (Epson 9800) --  see, www.mpex.com

614-261-1264

and free shipping.

 
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: David Amos on September 14, 2007, 09:20:04 am
Anyone know of a good place to get inks for the 3800 in the UK?
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: Tango_01 on September 15, 2007, 03:31:36 pm
Quote
I use Midwest Photo for my Epson ink (Epson 9800) --  see, www.mpex.com

614-261-1264

and free shipping.

 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139017\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But you pay more than $51 for them. Antonline through Amazon charges $43.33 plus $6.98 shipping  but you can order 5 or 6 for the same shipping cost. You get them very fast also , usually 2/3 days.
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: Wanderer on September 20, 2007, 03:52:54 pm
Quote
Anyone know of a good place to get inks for the 3800 in the UK?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=139377\")
Hi David,

Sometime ago I came across this link but I have not purchased any ink since I bought the 3800, so take care!

[a href=\"http://oyyy.co.uk/]http://oyyy.co.uk/[/url]

Wanderer

--
Before photography, I looked - now, I see.

www.colinconwayphotography.com
Title: 3800 Ink Carts: Which Vendors??
Post by: Jason F on September 20, 2007, 05:01:16 pm
I was doing some comparison shopping on ink prices myself last night, and at Atlex it was going to be $450 + s/h, the best price I could find.

By comparison, InkJetArt (where I buy all my paper) was going to be $515 + s/h.

I forgot to check MPEX.