Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: marimagen on September 10, 2007, 06:54:33 pm

Title: Nikon 12-24 f/4G ED-IF AF-S
Post by: marimagen on September 10, 2007, 06:54:33 pm
I was looking at John Lamb's beautiful pictures of New Zealand (www.pbase.com/john_lamb) and noticed he used a Nikon 12-24 f/4 lens for some of his shots. They just look perfect but I heard quite a few bad comments on this lens, namely that everything beyond 25 feet appears out of focus. Any comment?
Title: Nikon 12-24 f/4G ED-IF AF-S
Post by: Kevin W Smith on September 10, 2007, 07:06:50 pm
Quote
I was looking at John Lamb's beautiful pictures of New Zealand (www.pbase.com/john_lamb) and noticed he used a Nikon 12-24 f/4 lens for some of his shots. They just look perfect but I heard quite a few bad comments on this lens, namely that everything beyond 25 feet appears out of focus. Any comment?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138524\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had two and they've both been very good.
Title: Nikon 12-24 f/4G ED-IF AF-S
Post by: Hank on September 10, 2007, 07:29:43 pm
Delighted with mine, and there's never been a focus issue in spite of the very hard use I've given it.  Internet legend?  Keyboard photo testing?  Dunno.  If it really is a problem, then the price on mine will go up if I ever sell it.  Not.
Title: Nikon 12-24 f/4G ED-IF AF-S
Post by: marimagen on September 11, 2007, 10:41:18 am
Thanks for you answers. It's not just rumors I heard. I looked at the reviews for that lens in the HB site and there are 2 people complaining about focus problems out of 9. Maybe there was a bad series.
Title: Nikon 12-24 f/4G ED-IF AF-S
Post by: GregW on September 11, 2007, 07:00:17 pm
I've been very happy with mine.  I'll not doubt pick up a 14-28 for the D3 but the 12-24 on a D200 makes a fantastic compact option.