Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dereknz on September 07, 2007, 08:00:50 pm
-
Hi, purchased by 1st roll of HP Collector Satin Canvas and have found the the Gicleeshield waterbased liquid laminate I use is not compatible with it. Parts of the darker ink areas show cracking and shortly after applying the laminate you can easily remove the ink/laminate off the canvas satin surface with your fingernail. I haven't had the printer long the only other canvas I have used is Sihl Artistic Matte Canvas and have no problems with the Gicleeshield laminate, no cracking and finger nail test does not remove any ink. The canvas were laminated approx 24 hours after printing.
I used a roller to apply the laminate on the Sihl and HP canvas, roller was used lightly (very little pressure) and quickly over the surface over the length then the width and left. I will be getting a spray unit in about 2 months time
Can members tell which of the Hp Canvas range you find is compatible with your waterbase laminate and which laminate you are using. I don't what to use solvent base laminates, thanks
Derek
-
Hi,
I have a similar Z3100 canvas question.
I want to print on fabric based canvas and need to know what canvas should I use on a Z3100, I have successfully tried the Epson fabric based canvas, but I don't know what are the better canvases for the Z3100?
Also why do you need to laminate?
thanks
Gary
-
Hi,
I have a similar Z3100 canvas question.
I want to print on fabric based canvas and need to know what canvas should I use on a Z3100, I have successfully tried the Epson fabric based canvas, but I don't know what are the better canvases for the Z3100?
Also why do you need to laminate?
thanks
Gary
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=139030\")
The HP Professional Matte Canvas works and so does (intellicoat) Magicle Torino 17M, spraying Lascaux waterbased acrylic varnish 2060 and 2061 matte with a gun. The varnish gives better protection, a wider gamut, better Dmax. With one type available you can still deliver more finish grades.
Ernst Dinkla
try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
-
I'm using Breathing Color Chromata White canvas on my 44" z with their Glamour II varnish (sprayed with an HVLP gun - two coats) and the results are stunning - literally as good as when printed on normal photo paper. The d-max is amazing (after you apply the varnish), and even with matte black ink. They also have a glossy version but it adds a bit of glare to an already perfect finish so I just use the regular...
Tim Ernst in Arkansas