Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cariarer on September 06, 2007, 06:32:29 am

Title: Profile for Olympus P-10?
Post by: cariarer on September 06, 2007, 06:32:29 am
Hi everyone,

I just bought the Olympus P-10 thermo printer. I try to print from Photoshop CS3 (Intel iMac), but the color is simply off the chart. Does anyone have a profile for this printer? I tried to make one myself, but reading the chart from a 6x4 is more then just iffy and the result wasn't even close to right.

Or does anyone have the perfect setting for this machine? I tried color managment by printer driver, CMYK profile and sRGB profile. No luck so far =)

Hope someone can help...

Cheers, Marco...
Title: Profile for Olympus P-10?
Post by: cariarer on September 12, 2007, 05:03:34 am
Well, I solved my color problem myself  

I could not get a profile for the printer, but when I perviously tried printing in sRGB it looked rather horrible. But I discovered that the color managment for the printer was enabled. After disabling it, Photoshop printed it just fine  

Kind regards, Marco...
Title: Profile for Olympus P-10?
Post by: digitaldog on September 12, 2007, 09:47:49 am
Quote
Well, I solved my color problem myself   

I could not get a profile for the printer, but when I perviously tried printing in sRGB it looked rather horrible. But I discovered that the color managment for the printer was enabled. After disabling it, Photoshop printed it just fine   

Kind regards, Marco...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138822\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But you can't soft proof it, or control the rendering intent. The printer isn't making a print using sRGB, its being converted, without your control.
Title: Profile for Olympus P-10?
Post by: cariarer on September 13, 2007, 01:27:31 am
Quote
But you can't soft proof it, or control the rendering intent. The printer isn't making a print using sRGB, its being converted, without your control.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's not in issue in this case. The P-10 is a 6x4 (10x15cm) thermo printer which I solely use to produce passport images. All I need is an acceptable skin tone, not 100% color accuracy. That's what I got my IPF5000 for ;o)

Kind regards, Marco...