Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: spherop on September 05, 2007, 09:21:38 pm

Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: spherop on September 05, 2007, 09:21:38 pm
i am aware of a few options for 17x25 cut sheets.
red river, inkjet art, hawk.

what i am used to is crane museo silver rag, and moab entrada for matte.

what would you recommend - for getting top quality ...similar paper in 17x25 size at this point?
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: spherop on September 10, 2007, 06:43:40 pm
anyone?
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: dgillilan on September 10, 2007, 07:56:29 pm
Quote
anyone?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I used Red River polar satin 17x22 and printed to 16x24 on my 3800.  I did not realize that this paper has OBAs. Thus I would recommend that you choose a paper that has no OBAs for longevity reasons.  I am considering use of Silver Rag or Hahnem. Photo rag pearl for the future wide prints from my 3800.(photo black).

For matte black ink, I recommend Innova soft textured art 315 gsm paper.
Debra
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: madmanchan on September 10, 2007, 08:00:34 pm
Of the 17" x 25" papers available, I have not yet found one that I really like and would use for top quality prints on the 3800. Sorry.
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: spherop on September 10, 2007, 08:04:13 pm
Quote
Of the 17" x 25" papers available, I have not yet found one that I really like and would use for top quality prints on the 3800. Sorry.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138532\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks for the reply ...i was wondering if anyone has tried hawk 17x25 papers?
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: spherop on September 10, 2007, 08:07:23 pm
Quote
I used Red River polar satin 17x22 and printed to 16x24 on my 3800.  I did not realize that this paper has OBAs. Thus I would recommend that you choose a paper that has no OBAs for longevity reasons.  I am considering use of Silver Rag or Hahnem. Photo rag pearl for the future wide prints from my 3800.(photo black).

For matte black ink, I recommend Innova soft textured art 315 gsm paper.
Debra
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138531\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But the Hahnem and Crane papers would not be 17x25 right?

I have used Crane Silver Rag and I love it, but I want something like that in 17x25.

I love both matte and pearl/lustre prints as long as the paper is of top quality - so if I could get 17x25...I'd be happ[y either way as long as the quality was there.
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: dgillilan on September 11, 2007, 01:00:42 pm
Quote
But the Hahnem and Crane papers would not be 17x25 right?

I have used Crane Silver Rag and I love it, but I want something like that in 17x25.

I love both matte and pearl/lustre prints as long as the paper is of top quality - so if I could get 17x25...I'd be happ[y either way as long as the quality was there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138536\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you are correct, however, if you are willing to trim papers, you could buy a 17" wide roll and trim off 25" long pieces or what you need for a print. That is what I did with the Innova paper, got a 17" roll,
Debra
Title: looking for top quality 17x25 sheet papers
Post by: spherop on September 11, 2007, 04:13:19 pm
hey debra - well i am exploring that option.

what did you use to trim it? how much time approx. per roll?

i guess it's weighing the time/cost of doing it myself vs paying someone.