Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: eleanorbrown on September 05, 2007, 01:58:55 pm
-
Anyone have any idea when the next Lightroom update with be that will support Phase One plus files? Many thanks, Eleanor
-
Yes....
Oh, you wanted to know when...soon...
-
Yes....
Oh, you wanted to know when...soon...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137583\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
LOL. Snap!
Jeff... I can't comment on why I'm trolling the Lightroom forum. Now that the sharpening got improved, and after the indoctrination on the boat... it's not half bad
-
Jeff, any chance there will be a Photo Kit Sharpener option as a part of Lightroom? Lightroom sharpening is good, but I still prefer Photo Kit. Eleanor
Yes....
Oh, you wanted to know when...soon...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137583\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Or.... how soon is soon? Weeks, months?
-
Or.... how soon is soon? Weeks, months?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sometime before the following upgrade.
-
What a mine of information! Still, could you narrow it down a little bit more? You seem to have an inside track here.
And while you're at it, maybe you could tell us how long is a piece of string!!!
-
What a mine of information! Still, could you narrow it down a little bit more? You seem to have an inside track here.
And while you're at it, maybe you could tell us how long is a piece of string!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138421\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry, but I've signed a NDA about the length of a piece of string.
-
Just testing - I'm undercover, checking to see if signatories to the piece of string contract are living up to the letter of the deal. As for your Lightroom confidentiality clause, rest assured - you are being watched, 24/7, five days a week.
-
Lets have some fun and speculate, yes I did say speculate.
First at what version will Adobe ask for more money.
Second what features do the Lightroom team think should have been included in a finished product that should still be included before we reach the next paid upgrade.
Third what are the team going to leave to outside developers to cover.
My take - Next version will be 1.5 and include bug fixes, soft proofing, bits for the web and slide show modules. Should be free because you cannot adequately print from Lightroom at present.
PKS for Lightroom will be introduced at the same time because with a free upgrade people will spend a bit for a third party app.
Next version will be 2.0 paid for and including lots of things I cannot even dream about because ver 1.5 will have done all I want. Oh I forgot, sqlite will be upgraded to MySql and the program will be available as a Networking version for the Pro's at twice the price.
and England will win the Rugby world, if you don't know what Rugby is never mind.
Frank
-
LOL. Snap!
Jeff... I can't comment on why I'm trolling the Lightroom forum. Now that the sharpening got improved, and after the indoctrination on the boat... it's not half bad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137600\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
So the late nights, weird coloured alcoholic concoctions and Seth's penguin imitations didn't put you off ;-)
-
I hate this insiders' talk. Where can I find out more about the coloured alcoholic concoctions? Are they in the MAC version? I have a humble PC. which doesn't even have the penguin imitations - at least not in the Develop Module. Oh, wait a minute, I geddit - they're all in the next version, huh? But when?
-
So the late nights, weird coloured alcoholic concoctions and Seth's penguin imitations didn't put you off ;-)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Actually, the fact that 4 or 5 professional photographers could take a 3 week trip on a ship crossing some rather rough seas, while drinking copious quantities of red wine out of glasses that were larger than many fishbowls, and without breaking a single one, made me wonder whether you all were onto something :-)
But some of those random-colored and random-mixed drinks by a guy who had been speaking english for about 2 weeks were also interesting. Some good, some not so good, ALL quite strong
-
Jeff said sooooon, he seems to be right, this is posted on adobe uk site but now taken down, here is the link to cached version.
http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF...&icp=1&.intl=us (http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=lightroom+1.2&type=fl09&fr=flo2&u=www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshoplightroom/&w=lightroom+1.2&d=Ru7wVv4-PcKC&icp=1&.intl=us)
-
Jeff said sooooon, he seems to be right, this is posted on adobe uk site but now taken down, here is the link to cached version.
http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF...&icp=1&.intl=us (http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=lightroom+1.2&type=fl09&fr=flo2&u=www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshoplightroom/&w=lightroom+1.2&d=Ru7wVv4-PcKC&icp=1&.intl=us)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Looks like we won't be seeing output sharpening and soft proofing in the 1.2.
Steve
-
Hmmm, I was expecting a bit more than that for this update.
Still let's see how it pans out.
Correction for NR of bayer sensors? Sounds like they admit there was an issue on that.