Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: johnE on September 04, 2007, 04:20:42 pm
-
I am trying to get a long exposure (1+ minutes) on my Contax 645 with my Phase One P45 back. I was surprised that using a normal cable release does not notify the digital back to fire.
Does anyone know if the electronic shutter release that was made available by Contax will fire the Phase One Back for a long exposure?
-
Hi John,
Have a look at the link below. I haven't tried it yet on my back but intend to.
http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=1461&highlight= (http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=1461&highlight=)
-
Hi John,
Have a look at the link below. I haven't tried it yet on my back but intend to.
http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=1461&highlight= (http://forum.phaseone.com/viewtopic.php?t=1461&highlight=)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137342\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, thanks. Capture Integration sent the same instructions to me earlier today - what a PITA.
I was hoping to hear the electronic remote shutter release would allow the back to receive a signal to fire. I hate to purchase one (they can be expensive) just to try. I was hoping someone else here had tried it.
I might have elected to dump the Contax in favor of a H1/H2 if I knew the limitation as I do a lot of night work.
-
xx
-
JohnE
I have found this "easy" workaround Contax 645 in B mode and my P45+ back for long exposure:
1. When I mount the back on the Contax I put a little piece of paper between the contacts - then the P45 back thinks it is on a view camera instead of a Contax 645.
2. I now attach my wake up cable to the back and Contax flash sync, turn everything on, and put the Camera in B mode.
3. Press the wake up cable, then do your long exposure in B mode, MLU and so on.
4. Just after your exposure press the wake up cable again. The P45+ starts to count down - nice little new feature - and you have your long exposure image.
Cheers
Torben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have a p45, it is not a "+". Does this still apply?
I am a bit confused as to the cabling. The back did come with 3 cables. One cable has a Flash sync end and a multi port (8 pin) end. The two other cables have multi port and mini jack ends with m/f connections.
I am not sure what you mean when you say press the wake up cable.
-
xx
-
Yes this also works with the normal P45.
I am not sure if the wakup cable is part of the standard Phase cable package, I got one because I needed it for my Cambo WDS. Your Phase dealer will know the cable. Capture integrations have their own version:
http://www.captureintegration.com/sales/ex...rimarysync.html (http://www.captureintegration.com/sales/exclusives/primarysync.html)
It might sound a bit confusing with a wake up cable, but it is very easy once you tried it - it is the way all phase backs works with large format cameras.
hope this helps.
Cheers
Torben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The wake up cable in not part of the normal Phase One cable package. One will come with a Flex Adapter if you purchase one. We offer our Primary Sync cable as a less expensive solution for everyone.
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com
-
Yes this also works with the normal P45.
I am not sure if the wakup cable is part of the standard Phase cable package, I got one because I needed it for my Cambo WDS. Your Phase dealer will know the cable. Capture integrations have their own version:
http://www.captureintegration.com/sales/ex...rimarysync.html (http://www.captureintegration.com/sales/exclusives/primarysync.html)
It might sound a bit confusing with a wake up cable, but it is very easy once you tried it - it is the way all phase backs works with large format cameras.
hope this helps.
Cheers
Torben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I purchased the wake-up cable from Capture Integration ($67 - very reasonable) and it works great. Thanks for your help.