Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: MikeMike on September 02, 2007, 02:29:43 pm

Title: New reviews?
Post by: MikeMike on September 02, 2007, 02:29:43 pm
I noticed the the main page picture was made from a 40D. New review coming Michael?

Mike
Title: New reviews?
Post by: Don Libby on September 02, 2007, 02:50:46 pm
I like the face in the window as well - nice image
Title: New reviews?
Post by: michael on September 02, 2007, 05:25:47 pm
I'm working on it now. It will probably be up later this week.

Michael
Title: New reviews?
Post by: GerardK on September 04, 2007, 02:33:45 am
"A look at the specs shows that the first noticeable difference is the chip resolution. The 40D is 10 MP while the 30D and 20D before it were 8 MP. The difference isn't that great, but at least Canon's mid-range prosumer camera no longer has the same resolution as their entry level 350D / XT. (It's a marketing thing.) "

Michael, wake up and have some coffee  , the 350D was replaced last year with the 400D which has a 10 MP sensor. What marketing thing?



Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu (http://www.kingma.nu)
Title: New reviews?
Post by: michael on September 04, 2007, 07:52:41 am
OK. I'm awake now.

Michael
Title: New reviews?
Post by: larsrc on September 04, 2007, 10:30:24 am
Quote
I noticed the the main page picture was made from a 40D. New review coming Michael?

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136913\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice review, but I think you've misunderstood the sRAW format.  From what I see in the release notes, it's a 2.5 MP RAW format with files about half the size of a full RAW.  To which I say 'WTF?'  Seems like an extremely rare occasion where that would be useful.

On another note, the ISO example is interesting.  Not just that it has nice low noise, but that the noise is color-less as far as I can tell.  I've always found the chroma noise to be the most noticable and luminance noise more something that we're kinda used to seeing.  I wonder if they have something that reduces the chroma, or is it just the way the sensor is?  Is this the same sensor tech as in any other camera, and if so, do they have similar characteristics?

-Lars