Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: RicAgu on September 01, 2007, 04:26:54 pm

Title: DPP profile settings
Post by: RicAgu on September 01, 2007, 04:26:54 pm
Hello,

Sorry in adance for posting this on Medium format but this where people know the most.

I have never used DPP up until this week.  I went straight into C1Pro when I went digital.  When I tried changing the DPP profile it only gave me five options like SRGB, Adobe RGB, Wide Gamut RGB, etc..

Can anyone tell me if this can be changed?  I would like to process out into the ProPhoto colorspace once I tweak the file in DPP.  I am told that DPP can PIMP a file to the hilt more than even C1Pro.

So I want to start experimenting with DPP.

Also, I lost my disks for DPP.  Is there anyway I can download it?  From the Canon site I can only download the updates.

Thanks in advance,

RA
Title: DPP profile settings
Post by: Chris_Brown on September 03, 2007, 12:44:49 pm
Quote
I have never used DPP up until this week.  I went straight into C1Pro when I went digital.  When I tried changing the DPP profile it only gave me five options like SRGB, Adobe RGB, Wide Gamut RGB, etc..

Can anyone tell me if this can be changed?  I would like to process out into the ProPhoto colorspace once I tweak the file in DPP.

There may be a way, but it might require tagging a profile so DPP can "see" it. I have not been succesfull yet, though.

Quote
Also, I lost my disks for DPP.  Is there anyway I can download it?  From the Canon site I can only download the updates.
Check here (http://www.usa.canon.com/content/dpp2/index.html) for software install information. Scroll to the bottom of page one to see what needs to be already installed for "updates" to install correctly.