Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: kal on August 27, 2007, 07:44:23 am

Title: Miramare cloudscape
Post by: kal on August 27, 2007, 07:44:23 am
A new try at a subject I posted last year (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13389&hl=miramare) for your consideration (and had quite a lot of attention).

Almost everything different, but the spot I was taking the picture from and the direction I pointed the lens to.

Any comment will be greatly appreciated, especially regarding the rendering of the sky and clouds in the upper part of the frame. It is a 2-frames stitch made with hugin + enblend and edited with lightzone 2.4.
Title: Miramare cloudscape
Post by: Rob C on September 06, 2007, 04:17:46 am
Kal, does the Izonso still run down through Gorizia or has it dried with global warming?

Rob C
Title: Miramare cloudscape
Post by: kal on September 06, 2007, 08:41:26 am
Quote
Kal, does the Izonso still run down through Gorizia or has it dried with global warming?

Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is still going strong. And no signs of warming or drying here this year... 18C right now with light rain, half a dozen thunderstorms in the last week...

ciao
Title: Miramare cloudscape
Post by: Rob C on September 06, 2007, 02:59:42 pm
Quote
It is still going strong. And no signs of warming or drying here this year... 18C right now with light rain, half a dozen thunderstorms in the last week...

ciao
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kal

I spent a year in Gorizia and Monfalcone when I was about eleven years old; my maternal grandmother came from Monfalcone.... I met a sort of second-uncle who was in some kind of police force at the time - he had a beautiful Alsation dog and I remember him taking the dog and me down onto the Izonso bed for walks. They were enchanted days. Since I wasn´t at school, being British, I spent those months going to the local cinema and seeing every cowboy movie that came along. There were lots of them in those days... I used to think that I spoke Italian quite well, but it turned out that I spoke a dialeto Veneto that only my grandmother´s generation could understand. Garibaldi, what did you do to the different langauges?
Ciao - Rob C
Title: Miramare cloudscape
Post by: sinc on September 19, 2007, 09:40:23 pm
Interesting photo. The clouds in the top half of the cloud cover (the ones nearest) near to be sharper.