Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: jing q on August 26, 2007, 03:12:37 pm
-
Firstly, I'm looking at a Leaf 75S and I'm wondering what prices people are getting
Just for reference, I see that MAC is selling theirs to students at $24 746
I wonder if anyone has gotten a better price, and whether there is a waiting period involved in getting the back.
Also, what is the wait time involved in getting a back?I have a project coming up in october that I wish to purchase this for.
Finally, I am very interested in the Leaf AFi but I haven't heard of it being available yet and in that case I may end up getting one for the Mamiya AFDII. At the same time I feel like it might be a waste if I get that and then the Leaf AFi comes out shortly after... I noticed there were some early bird deals where you buy a certain camera first and then they exchange the back for the new mount when the cameras were ready, I'm not sure whether there are any such deals around (or was I hallucinating when I thought I heard about these deals?
I'm also wondering if I should be expecting any new digital backs to be announced since the camera show is coming up in september...
I am calculating all my costs involved (including getting a Mac and camera body+lenses) so I would like some feedback regarding this, especially pricing since that will determine what I get.
decisions decisions decisions.Makes me want to stick to my film.
-
also, was wondering if anyone has gotten a better price in Asia (I fly between asia and ny quite often). I'm aware hong kong has good pricing but I can't find the information on their pricing right now.
-
Firstly, I'm looking at a Leaf 75S and I'm wondering what prices people are getting
Just for reference, I see that MAC is selling theirs to students at $24 746
I wonder if anyone has gotten a better price, and whether there is a waiting period involved in getting the back.
Also, what is the wait time involved in getting a back?I have a project coming up in october that I wish to purchase this for.
Finally, I am very interested in the Leaf AFi but I haven't heard of it being available yet and in that case I may end up getting one for the Mamiya AFDII. At the same time I feel like it might be a waste if I get that and then the Leaf AFi comes out shortly after... I noticed there were some early bird deals where you buy a certain camera first and then they exchange the back for the new mount when the cameras were ready, I'm not sure whether there are any such deals around (or was I hallucinating when I thought I heard about these deals?
I'm also wondering if I should be expecting any new digital backs to be announced since the camera show is coming up in september...
I am calculating all my costs involved (including getting a Mac and camera body+lenses) so I would like some feedback regarding this, especially pricing since that will determine what I get.
decisions decisions decisions.Makes me want to stick to my film.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Are you talking about the A65s or A75s because I got the quote on A75s $32,500
If you buy it, please PM. I am interested and I would love to buy one but it is out of my reach at ''$32,500.00'' this point. However, for $24,746 I am already interested.
-
i do not know the current price list but I do know that if you with an educational institution you may be qualified to get an educational discount from Leaf. Some other companies including Hasselblad have similar programs. I am a professor at a university have been able to qualify for some of the programs. Mark
Are you talking about the A65s or A75s because I got the quote on A75s $32,500
If you buy it, please PM. I am interested and I would love to buy one but it is out of my reach at ''$32,500.00'' this point. However, for $24,746 I am already interested.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
I met with a Sinar rep the other day and he assured me the Sinar version of the AFI will be avialble this year by October the latest early November.
-
Are you talking about the A65s or A75s because I got the quote on A75s $32,500
If you buy it, please PM. I am interested and I would love to buy one but it is out of my reach at ''$32,500.00'' this point. However, for $24,746 I am already interested.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's funny, I was assuming that people got better deals depending on negotiation, based on how hush hush everything is...
-
That's funny, I was assuming that people got better deals depending on negotiation, based on how hush hush everything is...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135715\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's what I thought too...
Henry
-
hi, no input from anyone?I'm still on the fence.