Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: garyfcampbell on August 25, 2007, 07:23:40 pm

Title: Moving a Z3100
Post by: garyfcampbell on August 25, 2007, 07:23:40 pm
Hi,

I'm taking my Z3100 to a workshop and will need to take the legs off temporarily.

I have read the manual's suggestion for moving which is to turn off the machine and tape the sheet feeder tray.

I'm thinking of tipping the Z3100 into my SUV and taking the legs off and then setting it upright during the trip.

Has anyone any advice on moving a Z3100?  Any problems?

thanks
Gary
Title: Moving a Z3100
Post by: Geoff Wittig on August 25, 2007, 09:08:25 pm
Quote
Hi,

I'm taking my Z3100 to a workshop and will need to take the legs off temporarily.

I have read the manual's suggestion for moving which is to turn off the machine and tape the sheet feeder tray.

I'm thinking of tipping the Z3100 into my SUV and taking the legs off and then setting it upright during the trip.

Has anyone any advice on moving a Z3100?  Any problems?

thanks
Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135520\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


You'd be well advised to keep the printer as close to completely level as you can while moving it. Tipping it up on its side may cause ink to leak into the printer's innards, not a good idea. I suspect if you asked HP's tech support they'd advise you to drain the printer of ink and reload it at the destination, which is not very practical.
Title: Moving a Z3100
Post by: neil snape on August 26, 2007, 03:01:30 am
Taking the legs off is not hard. Tipping the printer up is a little risky. I've done it more than once with the prototypes. It does and will create the possibility of the waste tanks spilling ink onto the optical sensors and head position band. If you do see if you can find the orange head park part that was delivered with the printer. If not tape it securely in the park position. HP technicians usually  have  park position code (s|)  that might help but I have no idea if they can do this at a distance.