Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: kal on August 22, 2007, 08:15:42 am

Title: Forest and Light
Post by: kal on August 22, 2007, 08:15:42 am
Does this succeed in telling the story of sun light pushing away clouds and darkness? (I flipped the image, the original was more like light retreating away from darkness and I didnt't like the idea so much...)

Also does this work in panoramic format? Or can anybody suggest a better framing?
Title: Forest and Light
Post by: LoisWakeman on September 12, 2007, 04:44:47 am
Quote
Does this succeed in telling the story of sun light pushing away clouds and darkness? (I flipped the image, the original was more like light retreating away from darkness and I didnt't like the idea so much...)

Also does this work in panoramic format? Or can anybody suggest a better framing?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134765\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
To me, it recalls sunlight moving across the face of the earth, one of my favourite scenarios. So, not a definite answer to your question!

Not sure about the panorama*. It seems a bit "halfway" now - perhaps even more crop from the foreground to bring the sunlit strip close to the bottom of the frame?

(* When I opened the big image, I was waiting for more to appear beneath. Perhaps bigger and matted it would work well - just not on screen.)
Title: Forest and Light
Post by: kal on September 12, 2007, 08:10:51 am
Quote
To me, it recalls sunlight moving across the face of the earth, one of my favourite scenarios. So, not a definite answer to your question!

Not sure about the panorama*. It seems a bit "halfway" now - perhaps even more crop from the foreground to bring the sunlit strip close to the bottom of the frame?

(* When I opened the big image, I was waiting for more to appear beneath. Perhaps bigger and matted it would work well - just not on screen.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure if you mean just "a bigger image" or "more of the forest" -- the latter being impossible, unless I get back to the valley and re-shoot (and sun and wind and clouds cooperate...).

I will try and print the new 3:1 crop.

Thanks for your suggestion and for spending your time looking at my photo.
Title: Forest and Light
Post by: LoisWakeman on September 12, 2007, 12:55:39 pm
That works better for me.