Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Calder on August 12, 2007, 05:36:32 pm

Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: Calder on August 12, 2007, 05:36:32 pm
I have LIGHTROOM 1.1 installed on my PC.
Everything seems to work fine and I'm learning how to use it.

One thing I would like to change is to stop it starting up
everytime I insert a CF card in my reader.  I dont always
wish to start my files in LR.

Is there a way I could stop this happening so enabling me to choose
the program I wish to open my files please?
Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: henk on August 13, 2007, 03:04:00 am
Its not only my CF card but also my all in one printer which triggers LR to start up.

??????????  

Henk
Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: Calder on August 13, 2007, 05:50:51 am
Hi Henk,

Weird goings on a la LR.  Sorry to hear both you Cf card and your
printer trigger LR.

I find this a nuisance and there must be a way to stop it taking control?
Beats me, wish I knew?

Rob
Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: sidfrisby on August 13, 2007, 06:15:04 am
Hello there

Have you tried unticking the box "show import dialog when a memory card is detected" On the Import tab in preferences?

Best wishes

Sid Frisby
www.sidfrisby.com
Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: Calder on August 13, 2007, 08:05:42 am
Hello Sid,

That did the trick!  Unticked the 'show import dialog etc...'
then inserted a CF card and LR behaved itself and did not 'take over'
at start up.

You're a true star Sid, and many thanks for your kind assitance.

Regards,

Rob
Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: henk on August 13, 2007, 04:44:32 pm
Hello Sid,
That dit the trick for me as well!!
Should have searched more agressive !!

Thanks,
Henk
Title: Lightroom 1.1 start up
Post by: willow on August 31, 2007, 01:12:53 am
I am new to lightroom, and this annoyed me too, as I use flash drives alot.

Thanks