Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Brian Monk on August 02, 2007, 11:27:40 am
-
I am soft-proofing some images (the first time I have ever one this), and am disappointed in the images as they would appear on the paper I am going to use. I have tried correcting the images during soft proofing in many ways, but all of them are subjective. I suspect that several of the colors prevelant in my floral prints are out-of-gamut, but I would at least like to try to achieve as close a match as possible in the print.
My question is: Is there an OBJECTIVE METHOD for color correcting soft proofs?
Epson 3800; Moab Entrada Matte, canned ICC from Moab; HP Pavilion LCD, HueyPro calibrated.
-
I don't know if this will help you but a couple of years ago, I tried the Moab provided ICC profiles with an Epson 2200 and found that they were totally inadequate. You might want to purchase custom profiles for your Epson 3800 and Moab paper.
As for correcting your soft-proofs, Ian Lyon has a short article here (http://www.computer-darkroom.com/softproof/softproof_2.htm).