Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pulley on July 30, 2007, 06:40:17 pm

Title: Z2100
Post by: pulley on July 30, 2007, 06:40:17 pm
Finally received my Z2100 (24"). Hp tech coming to set it up, but a few questions I need to know.
1. My computer has 512 ram (adding 1gb next week) and the printer requires 1gb. Will I still be able to print small files with just 512 ram?

2. Will an extra 1gb ram (1.5gb total) make that much of a difference?

3. How many of you that own z2100/z3100 connect with USB? Any problems?
Title: Z2100
Post by: Roscolo on July 30, 2007, 06:45:16 pm
Quote
3. How many of you that own z2100/z3100 connect with USB? Any problems?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130751\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the 44" z3100 and connect with usb with no problems.
Title: Z2100
Post by: Geoff Wittig on July 30, 2007, 07:42:12 pm
Quote
Finally received my Z2100 (24"). Hp tech coming to set it up, but a few questions I need to know.
1. My computer has 512 ram (adding 1gb next week) and the printer requires 1gb. Will I still be able to print small files with just 512 ram?

2. Will an extra 1gb ram (1.5gb total) make that much of a difference?

3. How many of you that own z2100/z3100 connect with USB? Any problems?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130751\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


The more RAM the better; remember, a 24"x 36" image at 300 dpi is pretty freakin' big, and Photoshop will be disk-thrashing for a very long time trying to perform any moves on that file within your 512 mg RAM straightjacket. Since RAM these days is pretty cheap, max out your system. Your sanity will thank you.