Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => Luminous Landscape Video => Topic started by: seamus finn on July 30, 2007, 09:35:14 am

Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: seamus finn on July 30, 2007, 09:35:14 am
Some files in the same download batch are being recognised by Quicktime while others are not.
Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: Larry Brusso on July 30, 2007, 11:15:26 am
Quote
Some files in the same download batch are being recognised by Quicktime while others are not.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here, only I can't get any files to play. Quicktime reports " Error-2048: The file is not a movie file".
I'll check for Quicktime updates first, but I'm running the current version of Quicktime Pro.
 I'll reply if a come up with a fix.
Regards
Larry
Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: Larry Brusso on July 30, 2007, 11:39:33 am
Quote
Same here, only I can't get any files to play. Quicktime reports " Error-2048: The file is not a movie file".
I'll check for Quicktime updates first, but I'm running the current version of Quicktime Pro.
 I'll reply if a come up with a fix.
Regards
Larry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK, update to 7.1.6, I can play the Quicktime movies. Funny thing, when WinZip extracts the files, it extracts two files for each title. One is a Quicktime movie and the other is not.
Anyone know what the other file is?
Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: shootergirl on July 30, 2007, 12:00:33 pm
Quote
OK, update to 7.1.6, I can play the Quicktime movies. Funny thing, when WinZip extracts the files, it extracts two files for each title. One is a Quicktime movie and the other is not.
Anyone know what the other file is?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130661\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Larry,

See my reply to you in the "slow download" thread.

Donna
Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on July 30, 2007, 02:49:50 pm
Please note that the latest QuickTime Player is v. 7.2 - windows users have experienced audio problems with the previous versions

CS
Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: seamus finn on July 30, 2007, 04:42:13 pm
IF you are having trouble with Quicktime, check your downloads for duplicates of the same titles  - one will open with Quicktime and the other will not. In some download 'packages' I have had as many  as three repeated files  - a total of six.
Title: Quicktime problem
Post by: Thomas Krüger on July 30, 2007, 04:53:05 pm
On a windows machine you can use the open source software Media Player Classic.
Works fine with the files that have audio problems in Quicktime.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm)