Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: awofinden on July 27, 2007, 11:02:10 am

Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: awofinden on July 27, 2007, 11:02:10 am
What media setting are people using for EPL 260 paper, epson  says to use the premium glossy 250 setting for this paper, you'd think they'd update the printer driver or something. Anyone have any experience with this paper, how does it differ to the 250 stuff and is it ok using the premium glossy 250 media setting?
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: madmanchan on July 27, 2007, 01:10:57 pm
My impression is that the PL 260 has a different coating than the 250. The coating on the 260 seems to provide a deeper black and a richer gamut. But in terms of which media settings to use I don't know ...
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: awofinden on July 27, 2007, 01:21:40 pm
Quote
My impression is that the PL 260 has a different coating than the 250. The coating on the 260 seems to provide a deeper black and a richer gamut. But in terms of which media settings to use I don't know ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130155\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's really poor of epson to not provide us with an update.
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: madmanchan on July 27, 2007, 08:37:48 pm
Which printer are you using this paper with?
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: namartinnz on July 28, 2007, 07:35:22 am
Quote
Which printer are you using this paper with?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use the normal Epson Premium Luster setting on my Epson 4000. No issues. On my Z3100 I use gloss profile setting. Cant see any difference compared to Satin setting

Neal
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: Craig Murphy on July 28, 2007, 11:49:05 am
I have the 9800 and 260 is there as a selection.
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: Paul2660 on July 29, 2007, 10:46:59 am
The 7800 has a Luster 260 option also.  It was my understanding that if you download the latest printer driver from Epson, it will add the Luster 260 if the paper is supported by Epson on that printer.

Paul C
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: awofinden on July 30, 2007, 09:24:00 am
Quote
The 7800 has a Luster 260 option also.  It was my understanding that if you download the latest printer driver from Epson, it will add the Luster 260 if the paper is supported by Epson on that printer.

Paul C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130420\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
hmm, I have the 9800 and I did get the latest print driver and I didnt see 260 as an option, maybe a restart is required.
Title: epson premium luster 260
Post by: Paul2660 on July 30, 2007, 11:01:56 am
I should have also stated, I am running XP Pro and have the driver from around Nov of 2006.  I have not upgraded the firmware or printer driver since then.  When you go to select the paper type you do have a Luster 260 selection.  I didn't even notice it for a while.  

Paul C