Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: EBS on July 23, 2007, 12:05:08 pm

Title: Canvas Glue
Post by: EBS on July 23, 2007, 12:05:08 pm
Hi,

I'm experimenting with trying to create an indoor hanging banner printed in matt canvas.  I'd like the sign to be double sided and was going to try printing two copies of the sign and gluing them back-to-back.  Does anyonehave any experience of this, and can you recommend any glues please?

ideally I think I'd like something sprayable and which will allow a little bit of final alignment movement.

Thanks

Edward
Title: Canvas Glue
Post by: seangirard on July 23, 2007, 12:27:27 pm
If you're not worried about archival properties you might try 3M Super 77. It is a relatively inexpensive spray adhesive. I think it would be strong enough to bond canvas like that, although I can't say for sure.

-sean
Title: Canvas Glue
Post by: EBS on July 23, 2007, 01:16:35 pm
Sean,

The signs are inended to be semi-disposable so archival isn't an issue.  Thanks I'll give it a try.

E