Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: marclw on July 20, 2007, 12:08:24 pm
-
I've been lurking here ever since I got my 24" Z3100 a month or two ago. You folks have helped me a lot! To make a very long story short, I have a $50 credit at Parrot Digigraphics relating to my printer purchase. I'd like to use it on some paper. Currently, I've been using HP ID glossy and HP smooth fine art papers. Parrot sells its own brand of papers, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should use my credit to purchase some. The problem is that I know nothing about their brand. Has anyone had experience with these papers and which kind would you recommend? Thank in advance.
Marc
-
I've been lurking here ever since I got my 24" Z3100 a month or two ago. You folks have helped me a lot! To make a very long story short, I have a $50 credit at Parrot Digigraphics relating to my printer purchase. I'd like to use it on some paper. Currently, I've been using HP ID glossy and HP smooth fine art papers. Parrot sells its own brand of papers, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should use my credit to purchase some. The problem is that I know nothing about their brand. Has anyone had experience with these papers and which kind would you recommend? Thank in advance.
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have a Canon iPF5000 I bought from Parrot. I have used Parrot matte, semigloss, and Angelica Smooth White. I like the Angelica art paper the best very nice crisp prints, slightly better color than Innova Fibaprint matte. Not a white surface though. Parrot does charge for their profiles, a little steep $35, they have been right on.
Tom
-
I have a Canon iPF5000 I bought from Parrot. I have used Parrot matte, semigloss, and Angelica Smooth White. I like the Angelica art paper the best very nice crisp prints, slightly better color than Innova Fibaprint matte. Not a white surface though. Parrot does charge for their profiles, a little steep $35, they have been right on.
Tom
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129200\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, Tom! My abstract vehicles photos need very bright paper, so I guess Angelica wouldn't be good for them. But, that paper sounds good for landscapes and portraits. What kind of shots do you print on it? I am a abit worried about the paper not being bright white . . . . Thanks in advance.
Marc
-
Thanks, Tom! My abstract vehicles photos need very bright paper, so I guess Angelica wouldn't be good for them. But, that paper sounds good for landscapes and portraits. What kind of shots do you print on it? I am a abit worried about the paper not being bright white . . . . Thanks in advance.
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've been using mostly landscapes, really holds ink well, I think it has dynamic colors for a matte paper.
Tom
-
I've been using mostly landscapes, really holds ink well, I think it has dynamic colors for a matte paper.
Tom
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=129567\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, Tomm!!! I guess I'll use my $50 for the paper!
Marc
-
I have a Canon iPF5000 I bought from Parrot. I have used Parrot matte, semigloss, and Angelica Smooth White. I like the Angelica art paper the best very nice crisp prints, slightly better color than Innova Fibaprint matte. Not a white surface though. Parrot does charge for their profiles, a little steep $35, they have been right on.
Tom
Just found this (very old) post- and seein' as I got me a new position at Parrot (Manager of Imaging Services) I wanted to update it. We just put together new sample books of all our media, which I'd be happy to send to anyone interested, and we don't charge for our profiles any longer. You can download the complete collections from our Support page- just updated as well- at http://www.parrotcolor.com/store/pages.php?pageid=8 (http://www.parrotcolor.com/store/pages.php?pageid=8)
I also put together a little video that shows where the profiles- any profiles for that matter- get placed for both Apple and Windows.
I am by no means an impartial judge what with working here and all, but most of you know that I know my stuff, and I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade... That said, I've been consistently impressed by the quality of this media- especially the matte and gloss canvas, but several of the other surfaces- I'd encourage you to call John and give them a try.
Ted
-
In response to Ted's comment - Parrot has printed a number of my images for me on their private-label media, and the results have been quite impressive. This includes both color and B&W. In particular, my B&W images are quite demanding in that they include a wide dynamic range, with strong shadow areas and detailed highlights - and the fine art media used did an admirable job!
David
-
David,
Which of their papers did you have the B&W printed on? I am just starting with a Z3200 from Parrot and would be interested in what people think of their papers as well. I have been printing on Moab Entrada, HP advanced, Ilford galerie Fibre from my HP 9180 (yes, there is still one that works well).
-
sorry for the delay in answering you.
I'm pretty sure we used Angelica Bright White Smooth. We also tried the Natural White Textured for some of the color images. I'm working on a review of the Parrot Digigraphic papers on my blog. Here's a link to the first installment:
Parrot Paper Review (http://wp.me/pvv2V-Cn)
-
sorry for the delay in answering you.
I'm pretty sure we used Angelica Bright White Smooth. We also tried the Natural White Textured for some of the color images. I'm working on a review of the Parrot Digigraphic papers on my blog. Here's a link to the first installment:
Parrot Paper Review (http://wp.me/pvv2V-Cn)
Funny, David just happened to love my favorite paper too... :)
http://davidsaffir.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/part-two-fine-art-paper-from-parrot-digigraphic/
We've run the final testing on a new paper very similar to this, but with a somewhat finer "tooth"... kind of a v2.0 on our Angelica Bright White Velvet. ...more to come on that when the official release is a little more firm.