Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dkeyes on July 17, 2007, 02:17:04 am

Title: Anyone using Qimage with a mac and z3100?
Post by: dkeyes on July 17, 2007, 02:17:04 am
I noticed on Qimage website that you can use their software on a mac with another program to emulate windows (or something to that effect). Has anyone tried it?
Thanks, Doug
Title: Anyone using Qimage with a mac and z3100?
Post by: francois on July 17, 2007, 04:07:42 am
Quote
I noticed on Qimage website that you can use their software on a mac with another program to emulate windows (or something to that effect). Has anyone tried it?
Thanks, Doug
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=128557\")
It will only work with an Intel powered Mac (Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro and Intel Mac Mini). [a href=\"http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/]Qimage[/url] and CrossOver Mac (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/) are both available as demo so you might want to download them and try if they fit your needs.

I would also be interested to know if this solution really works. I'm using my MacBook  Pro for critical software development at the moment and I won't be able to test for a while.
Title: Anyone using Qimage with a mac and z3100?
Post by: cariarer on July 17, 2007, 05:37:08 am
Though I have an Canon IPF 5000, I do use QImage on my Intel iMac under Parallels. This works reasonably well. I'm still looking for a similar program for OSX   QImage needs some time to get used to, as I found it initially not very intuitive, but when you get the hang of it, it works very well.

Kind regards, Marco...
Title: Anyone using Qimage with a mac and z3100?
Post by: dkeyes on July 17, 2007, 10:35:29 pm
Thanks,
I don't have an Intel mac yet but plan on upgrading soon. Sounds like another reason to update (so I can run Qimage).

- Doug
Title: Anyone using Qimage with a mac and z3100?
Post by: francois on July 18, 2007, 02:18:01 am
Quote
Thanks,
I don't have an Intel mac yet but plan on upgrading soon. Sounds like another reason to update (so I can run Qimage).

- Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128754\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, that's a good reason!

I just wanted to add that - if it works - CrossOver Mac would allow you to run Qimage without installing Windows. Apple's Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop  and VMWare Fusion are other solutions but require that you install Windows.