Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: SeanBK on July 16, 2007, 11:45:45 am

Title: Review of Leica D-Lux3?
Post by: SeanBK on July 16, 2007, 11:45:45 am
Reviews or opinions of Leica D-Lux3? Last review was for Leica Digilux2 by Michael et al. I was wondering whether D-Lux3 is more improved, as Digilux2 Leica don't sell & I am looking at new Leicas point & shoot to supplement my equipment. Any thoughts.
   Though Digilux2 & now Digilux3 are interchangeble lenses, while D-Lux3 is point & shoot w/10MP sensor.
Title: Review of Leica D-Lux3?
Post by: The View on August 15, 2007, 03:28:02 pm
Go to dpreview.com.

They have a good review of it. In the discussion board at dpreview you can read about people's experiences.

I was thinking of getting it as a shirtpocket camera, but when I noticed that this camera had processed RAW (really, no kidding) which lead to detail smear, I was dropping subject and camera purchase.
Title: Review of Leica D-Lux3?
Post by: jbarkway on August 27, 2007, 02:40:11 am
Quote
Go to dpreview.com.

They have a good review of it. In the discussion board at dpreview you can read about people's experiences.

I was thinking of getting it as a shirtpocket camera, but when I noticed that this camera had processed RAW (really, no kidding) which lead to detail smear, I was dropping subject and camera purchase.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=133469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This may be true of the D-Lux but certainly doesn't apply to the near identical Panasonic LX2. The LX2 lacks the Leica software (perhaps a good thing?) but is in most other respects the same camera. Sells for a good bit less, too.

I have taken hundreds of shots in raw-mode with my LX2 and have yet to notice any details being smeared.