Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: jjasc on July 14, 2007, 03:14:32 am

Title: Best way to store Lee 4x6 grad filters for travel?
Post by: jjasc on July 14, 2007, 03:14:32 am
Just got a lee setup, but I'm finding the filter cases that come with the filters are way to big to shove into a slingshot 100 (for a travel tip across China).

Do you guys have any recommendations for a very thin filter wallet that will hold 4x6 filters? Lee has a thin looking one that holds 6 filters, but it's gonna cost me about 80 bucks to import it to Canada, way more than I want to spend on a mere case (I can almost by an entire Lee fiter for that price!)

Thanks!
Title: Best way to store Lee 4x6 grad filters for travel?
Post by: jeffok on July 20, 2007, 12:24:30 am
Quote
Just got a lee setup, but I'm finding the filter cases that come with the filters are way to big to shove into a slingshot 100 (for a travel tip across China).

Do you guys have any recommendations for a very thin filter wallet that will hold 4x6 filters? Lee has a thin looking one that holds 6 filters, but it's gonna cost me about 80 bucks to import it to Canada, way more than I want to spend on a mere case (I can almost by an entire Lee fiter for that price!)

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128190\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure if the Lee filters will fit, but for my Singh Ray grads I use a hard cover CD/DVD case. Just pop the filters in the sleeves. About 8 bucks at a computer store.
Title: Best way to store Lee 4x6 grad filters for travel?
Post by: Goodlistener on August 23, 2007, 08:34:22 pm
This MAY work for you, but its going to be more bulky.  Walmart, K-Mart etc are selling back to school supplies now. They have these nice little plastic boxes made for kids pens & pencils.  Cost in US is usually about $2.00

You may find packaging for something or another that works. Jumbo band-aid box, womens cosmetic case, who knows?  If you buy the filter, what kind of packaging does it come with right from the start?  Could you reinforce taht ww/ tape or wrap a bit of bubble wrap around it?

I'm a packrat and an improvisor, love to re-purpose common things any way I can.