Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dvedve on July 13, 2007, 09:46:09 pm

Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: dvedve on July 13, 2007, 09:46:09 pm
Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good large image to test my Z3100?

David
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: wcwest on July 13, 2007, 10:01:11 pm
Do a Google search for the PDI test target. There is also a text document describing how to interpret the printed target, but this may require some searching to find. I'll look for my copy later and post it if I find it.
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: dvedve on July 13, 2007, 10:23:51 pm
Quote
Do a Google search for the PDI test target. There is also a text document describing how to interpret the printed target, but this may require some searching to find. I'll look for my copy later and post it if I find it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128155\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Thanks, I found it.

David
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: rdonson on July 13, 2007, 11:14:22 pm
Here's my favorite current test image.

From Outback Print. (http://www.outbackprint.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html)
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: dvedve on July 14, 2007, 12:04:36 am
Quote
Here's my favorite current test image.

From Outback Print. (http://www.outbackprint.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128167\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Wow, that is a great one.  Thanks for the link.

David
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: Christopher on July 14, 2007, 06:00:52 am
Quote
Wow, that is a great one.  Thanks for the link.

David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh Don't print this image on an Epson x800 and your z3100 on Matt paper, or you will never want to touch matt with your HP again. It's sad... but so true...
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: rdonson on July 14, 2007, 07:27:46 am
Quote
Oh Don't print this image on an Epson x800 and your z3100 on Matt paper, or you will never want to touch matt with your HP again. It's sad... but so true...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128195\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not true for me.  The only mat papers I had a problem with are some Epson mat papers.  The HP branded mat papers, Moab and the Hahnemuhle mat papers I have held ink and reds very nicely for me on the Z3100.
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: keith_cooper on July 14, 2007, 10:34:35 am
If you are looking for a B/W test image (http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/black_and_white_test.html) I've got one I use as a 'standard' when looking at any new B/W printing set-up. There are notes on the page as to why some of the elements of the image are there. The bulls eye pattern is particularly good at showing non-linearity in greyscales.

The page also has a specific Bulls Eye pattern test, created by Graham Preston, that he sent me.

I've also got a page linking to many of my favourite colour and B/W test images (http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/test_images.html) that might be of use?
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: Christopher on July 14, 2007, 10:28:17 pm
Quote
Not true for me.  The only mat papers I had a problem with are some Epson mat papers.  The HP branded mat papers, Moab and the Hahnemuhle mat papers I have held ink and reds very nicely for me on the Z3100.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128198\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Than you are probably the only one who doesn't have the problem, or does not care that much about "right" colours. It's nothing new thet the HP sucks on Mattt paper in the red areas (not only there).

But it always depends on what you want out o an 7000EUR printer.
Title: Good High Resolution Test Image?
Post by: madmanchan on July 15, 2007, 08:29:36 am
There is a larger version of the Atkinson test image from his site:

http://homepage.mac.com/billatkinson/FileSharing2.html (http://homepage.mac.com/billatkinson/FileSharing2.html)

Download the Profile Test Images package.