Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: bj-99 on July 13, 2007, 02:43:48 pm

Title: LCD Monitor utility
Post by: bj-99 on July 13, 2007, 02:43:48 pm
I just bought a Viewsonic 22 Wide monitor.   Very nice view.  I'm color calibrating it now. I love it.

When I view photos in Literoom the pics are stretched across the screen for wide view,  I would like to find a utility to switch the aspect ratio to standard screen when photo editing.  I don't care that the sides would be black when editing.

Anybody seen anything??
Title: LCD Monitor utility
Post by: Nill Toulme on July 13, 2007, 04:42:41 pm
What screen resolution are you running?  It sounds as though you're running it at a 4:3 (i.e., non-widescreen) ratio res.  You should find out what the monitor's native res is (it'll be something more or less equivalent to 1.6:1 I believe) and run it that way.  It'll be a lot sharper that way also.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
Title: LCD Monitor utility
Post by: bj-99 on July 13, 2007, 07:41:43 pm
Quote
What screen resolution are you running?  It sounds as though you're running it at a 4:3 (i.e., non-widescreen) ratio res.  You should find out what the monitor's native res is (it'll be something more or less equivalent to 1.6:1 I believe) and run it that way.  It'll be a lot sharper that way also.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128107\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Yep  that was it.   Thanks  a lot