Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: larryg on July 12, 2007, 10:27:44 pm

Title: Breathing Color Canvas printing problems
Post by: larryg on July 12, 2007, 10:27:44 pm
I recently did an art show and used Breathing Color's Canvas with a canvas wrap approach.  
With minimal handling I noticed the ink was chiping (coming off) the corners of the image.  obviously very fragile.

Has anyone used these type of papers and do you use some kind of spray on the canvas to help protect and preserve the finish?

Great look but not usable without some kind of protection.
Title: Breathing Color Canvas printing problems
Post by: rdonson on July 13, 2007, 06:47:18 am
All canvas needs protection after printing.  Contact your Breathing Color rep.  I'm sure he'd be willing to tell you all about their varnish.  I'm actually surprised they sold you the canvas without talking to you about this.
Title: Breathing Color Canvas printing problems
Post by: marcsitkin on July 13, 2007, 08:51:31 am
Breathing Colors varnish works well, but is rather pricey. I print for an "Artiste" who loves the canvas, and uses the same Liquitex Varnish over the giclees that he normally would use on his original acrylics. He applies it prior to stretching.

We print his work on a Roland FJ500 with Lumichrome Inks (available from the Digital Imaging Group). Nice media combination.
Title: Breathing Color Canvas printing problems
Post by: larryg on July 13, 2007, 08:12:24 pm
Quote
Breathing Colors varnish works well, but is rather pricey. I print for an "Artiste" who loves the canvas, and uses the same Liquitex Varnish over the giclees that he normally would use on his original acrylics. He applies it prior to stretching.

We print his work on a Roland FJ500 with Lumichrome Inks (available from the Digital Imaging Group). Nice media combination.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128018\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I think I will give the Breathing Colors varnish and see how it works.

Thanks for the tip.   Their papers are very good under the right conditions and for the right images.