Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: stevecoleccs on July 11, 2007, 02:38:34 pm
-
Hi Everyone - I have been using LR to process my P30 raw files, untill today, sometimes
I can process them, but most of the time the little small preview is all that it will open.
Anyone else having the problem? LR is V 1.1.
Same thing with ACR. C1 will process the same images
~ cole
-
Hi Everyone - I have been using LR to process my P30 raw files, untill today, sometimes
I can process them, but most of the time the little small preview is all that it will open.
Anyone else having the problem? LR is V 1.1.
Same thing with ACR. C1 will process the same images
~ cole
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Steve. I've only seen that when I import directly from the memory card. If I use the OS to copy the images to a hard drive, and then import from there, I've never had the problem. I don't know if your case is similar, but if you're importing direct from the memory card, you might give this approach a try. Why it's happening to begin with is a mystery to me. I've also seen this once or twice with C1, so there's definitely something weird going on.
-
Thanks - this works! I hope by the time my 30+ arrives LR will be able to process the files!
~ cole
Hi Steve. I've only seen that when I import directly from the memory card. If I use the OS to copy the images to a hard drive, and then import from there, I've never had the problem. I don't know if your case is similar, but if you're importing direct from the memory card, you might give this approach a try. Why it's happening to begin with is a mystery to me. I've also seen this once or twice with C1, so there's definitely something weird going on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127653\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
This seems to work - instead of letting LR Auto Detect the meida card - (uncheck this
in Pref. > Import > unck Show import dialog when a memory card is detected.)
simply insert the media card & "Shift-Apple-I" to import - select the media card & import
directly from card - works perfectly!
~ cole
Hi Steve. I've only seen that when I import directly from the memory card. If I use the OS to copy the images to a hard drive, and then import from there, I've never had the problem. I don't know if your case is similar, but if you're importing direct from the memory card, you might give this approach a try. Why it's happening to begin with is a mystery to me. I've also seen this once or twice with C1, so there's definitely something weird going on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127653\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Seems that the LR importer only imports the thumbnails. I'm on PC so use Breeze systems downloader Pro to get my images.
Guess you're waiting a while for your P30+ if you think LR will be ready in time Mine should be arriving on Monday, I'm figuring I'll be sticking with old C1 for a while yet.
Steve.
Hi Everyone - I have been using LR to process my P30 raw files, untill today, sometimes
I can process them, but most of the time the little small preview is all that it will open.
Anyone else having the problem? LR is V 1.1.
Same thing with ACR. C1 will process the same images
~ cole
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
i always copy the files to the harddrive and import from there....learned the hard way....anyway, i can't live without LR, it is the main reason i haven't upgraded to P30+.....i would be very surprised if C1v4 will change that for me.....