Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pprachun on July 11, 2007, 12:48:27 pm

Title: ?Epson Manual Media Cutting System?
Post by: pprachun on July 11, 2007, 12:48:27 pm
Considering purchasing the Epson Manual Media Cutting System for my 9800.  Anyone out there had any experience with this system to advise pro or con?
Is it difficult to install; a PITA to use?
-- Paul
Title: ?Epson Manual Media Cutting System?
Post by: Geoff Wittig on July 11, 2007, 10:09:46 pm
Quote
Considering purchasing the Epson Manual Media Cutting System for my 9800.  Anyone out there had any experience with this system to advise pro or con?
Is it difficult to install; a PITA to use?
-- Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I bought the manual cutter for my 7600; I presume it's pretty much the same gadget. It was very easy to install, just a couple of screws to attach it. It's also very simple to use. It's a spring-loaded rail that floats a few inches above the end of the angled chute your prints are sliding down as they exit the printer. When the print is done you lift the paper lever, advance the paper a few inches and snap the spring-loaded rail down against it with the actual cutting head all the way over to the left. The rail pins the print against the metal exit chute. You then manually insert the edge of the paper into the cutting head's open guide, and push the head along the rail to the right across the width of the print, which falls into the fabric 'catcher'. The whole thing takes about five seconds.
The price is a little obscene considering how simple it is. Works great, though.
Title: ?Epson Manual Media Cutting System?
Post by: jecxz on July 11, 2007, 10:49:34 pm
Quote
Considering purchasing the Epson Manual Media Cutting System for my 9800.  Anyone out there had any experience with this system to advise pro or con?
Is it difficult to install; a PITA to use?
-- Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It took me about 3 minutes to install it on my 9800. It's not a pain at all, very simple. I got it for Velvet and Canvas. Good luck.
Title: ?Epson Manual Media Cutting System?
Post by: Ken Doo on July 11, 2007, 11:30:20 pm
I thought the price on the manual cutter for the 7800 was high.  Nope----the 9800 is more expensive yet.  Very obscene indeed.  But it works well.
Title: ?Epson Manual Media Cutting System?
Post by: pprachun on July 12, 2007, 07:32:01 am
Thank you gentlemen.
I've just ordered the system.  The cost is $499 direct from Epson; and that includes shipping.  I can only assume the ridiculous price is the result of low demand/hi unit cost  
-- Paul
Title: ?Epson Manual Media Cutting System?
Post by: Ken Doo on July 12, 2007, 09:53:23 am
Quote
Thank you gentlemen.
I've just ordered the system.  The cost is $499 direct from Epson; and that includes shipping.  I can only assume the ridiculous price is the result of low demand/hi unit cost   
-- Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=127776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


...but I'm sure that if it required you to buy Epson ink cartridges to use the cutter, it would be much cheaper!