Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Roscolo on July 06, 2007, 01:57:47 pm

Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: Roscolo on July 06, 2007, 01:57:47 pm
I'm not going into the sign biz, but I would like to print my own signage. I was hoping to update my outdoor sign with an adhesive vinyl that would last at least 3-6 months in exposure to weather.

Also need a recommendation for an outdoor banner material that can be grommeted.

Product suggestions based upon real-world experience appreciated! Thanks
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: pulley on July 06, 2007, 05:33:22 pm
Quote
I'm not going into the sign biz, but I would like to print my own signage. I was hoping to update my outdoor sign with an adhesive vinyl that would last at least 3-6 months in exposure to weather.

Also need a recommendation for an outdoor banner material that can be grommeted.

Product suggestions based upon real-world experience appreciated! Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try Lexjet, Sihl, IJ Tecnologies, Oce, or Rite-media (or Media-rite, can't remember). They all have coated adhesive vinyl that will work with aqueous priinters.
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: Roscolo on July 06, 2007, 05:52:58 pm
Did a little digging. The IJ Technologies Adhesive Back Vinyl looks like a pretty good option. Avery Graphics has some good options as well. But in the end I just ordered the HP Universal Adhesive Vinyl as I was ordering from IT Supplies anyway. I guess I'll see how it holds up.
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: larryg on July 06, 2007, 09:19:04 pm
I have used the canvas from Lexjet they have indoor silk and outdoor heavy canvas up to 24" wide.

Has worked well for my applications

They also have an indoor stand that displays your banner (indoors with the silk)
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: Rob Reiter on July 07, 2007, 12:07:12 pm
I've used adhesive vinyl from Breathing Color with an Epson 9800 and matte black ink and found it to be very good after a year of outdoor use.

Quote
I'm not going into the sign biz, but I would like to print my own signage. I was hoping to update my outdoor sign with an adhesive vinyl that would last at least 3-6 months in exposure to weather.

Also need a recommendation for an outdoor banner material that can be grommeted.

Product suggestions based upon real-world experience appreciated! Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: pulley on July 07, 2007, 06:38:46 pm
Roscolo, if possible laminate your print so it will last. I have a laminated Epson print facing south for over 2 years with no signs of fade.
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: pulley on July 14, 2007, 01:25:18 am
Roscolo, how did you make out with your sign. How do you find printing on the Hp vinyl?
Title: z3100 - Recommendations For Outdoor Sign / Banner
Post by: Roscolo on July 14, 2007, 02:40:52 am
Quote
Roscolo, how did you make out with your sign. How do you find printing on the Hp vinyl?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=128186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just got the HP vinyl on Wed. I'm hoping to have the sign printed tomorrow. I'll follow up.