Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: larnyj on July 05, 2007, 11:47:21 am

Title: Paper storage for rolls
Post by: larnyj on July 05, 2007, 11:47:21 am
How are people storing their open rolls of media?
Kept in the original bag?
Kept in the dark?

Thanks
Title: Paper storage for rolls
Post by: dgillilan on July 05, 2007, 12:04:59 pm
Quote
How are people storing their open rolls of media?
Kept in the original bag?
Kept in the dark?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126604\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes. After I print from a roll, I dismount my roll paper off of my printer and put my roll back in the plastic bag, then back in the long box, and then put it in a cabinet with a door and thus it is in the dark and not out in the open humidity and light.
Thanks, Debra
Title: Paper storage for rolls
Post by: Roy on July 05, 2007, 05:52:55 pm
At the other extreme, I leave the roll of paper on the printer. Unthread it and wrap a clean sheet of paper around the roll. Use a bit of tape to keep it from unrolling. It is quick to rethread and the printer (Epson 4800) can use sheet paper while the roll is mounted but not threaded. I see no ill effects from doing this.

As I use several types of paper, there are several rolls about. The ones that aren't mounted are in the original packaging in the room with the printer.
Title: Paper storage for rolls
Post by: Harris on July 06, 2007, 08:43:52 am
I made a rack - two pieces of 2" pine on wall and screwed hooks similiar to bike hooks but longer and rectangular in them.  Then have 30' dowel inside roll and on hooks. Able to store rolls (24") on wall behind printer and out of way and immediately available.  Also keep de-roller on the rack and a few nails in rack to hang various items (T Square - etc.)  

Harris