Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: kankahainen on June 27, 2007, 05:43:31 am
-
Just updated to LR 1.1. Works fine, but does not find any pictures from my Canon 20D. Version 1.0 had this problem, but it should had been corrected for this version. When I connect the camera via USB and select file-import from device, I only get an message "no photos found". I there a new way to setup the camera-connection??
-
This has been mentioned before here
Consider using a card reader - it is *much* easier than fiddling with a tiny rubber door and cable . . . .
-
Just updated to LR 1.1. Works fine, but does not find any pictures from my Canon 20D. Version 1.0 had this problem, but it should had been corrected for this version. When I connect the camera via USB and select file-import from device, I only get an message "no photos found". I there a new way to setup the camera-connection??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The Lightroom 1.1 readme says that this is a known issue for Lightroom 1.1 and Windows XP, so it wouldn't surprise me if the same issue is still affecting Vista.
The problem appears to be with the Canon software - the readme says: "Lightroom may be unable to see or import raw files directly from attached Canon cameras on Windows XP. Please visit Canon’s technical support web site for information on this known driver issue or use a dedicated card reader to import files captured with Canon cameras."
I agree with the suggestion to use a card reader - it's usually much faster than messing around with a cable.
David
-
I did some research into this problem, and it actually comes from within the operating and its interaction with canons driver. If you look in windows explorer you can't see the raw files either (so Lightroom doesn't have a chance - don't blame Adobe!!).
However there is a work-around ...
The issue with the driver is that you cannot see both raw and jpgs at the same time, and which file type the OS is allowed to see depends on a CAMERA setting. If you change the "communication" setting (on my 350d under the second orange menu tab) to "Print/PTP" rather than the default "PC" then the RAW files become visible (and jpgs hidden - pain if you shoot both, but i don't so...).
Hope this helps.
Nick
-
Tahnk you all for the answers. I knew this problem was related to Vista, not to Adobe... At Canon web-site a raw-codec and a new wia-driver for Vista are available. With these installed, I am able to import pictures to Windows, but not to Lightroom. So this means waiting better drivers from Canon, and in the meantime use cardreader.