Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Charlesu on June 26, 2007, 09:53:54 pm
-
Anyone seen this???
HP Designjet Z3100 24in Photo: Gloss enhancer Cartridge and tubes out of warranty
Cause:
It has been detected that Gloss enhancer Cartridge is containing altered ink.
Issue:
Use of refilled or non-HP cartridges does not affect the printer's HP's Limited Warranty to you. However, if the printer failure or damage is attributable to the use of non-HP or refilled cartridges, HP will charge its standard time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular failure or damage.
Recommendation:
We recommend to use HP original cartridges. You can find additional information by clicking the following link.
By the way, I am using real HP inks!!
-
Anyone seen this???
HP Designjet Z3100 24in Photo: Gloss enhancer Cartridge and tubes out of warranty
Cause:
It has been detected that Gloss enhancer Cartridge is containing altered ink.
Issue:
Use of refilled or non-HP cartridges does not affect the printer's HP's Limited Warranty to you. However, if the printer failure or damage is attributable to the use of non-HP or refilled cartridges, HP will charge its standard time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular failure or damage.
Recommendation:
We recommend to use HP original cartridges. You can find additional information by clicking the following link.
By the way, I am using real HP inks!!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=125068\")
Best guess is that the HP cart chip is bad and triggers HP firmware that should detect third party cart chips. Next guess is that you got a cart that has been refilled and reset somewhere in the distribution channel to you. Last seems unlikely right now.
I think in either case HP will be interested to get that cart and deliver you a good one in return.
Ernst Dinkla
try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
-
Charles, after we talked last night I'm wondering if it's still just the GE cart that's reporting this or all the carts. If its all the carts it might be a time bomb in the HP firmware.
-
Charles, after we talked last night I'm wondering if it's still just the GE cart that's reporting this or all the carts. If its all the carts it might be a time bomb in the HP firmware.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125127\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Actually, I checked and confirmed last night that it is ALL cartridges. Most of them are what HP shipped with the printer. I have replaced the GE and the Gray with HP cartridges from DTG.
I will call DTG today and probably HP.
-
Actually, I checked and confirmed last night that it is ALL cartridges. Most of them are what HP shipped with the printer. I have replaced the GE and the Gray with HP cartridges from DTG.
I will call DTG today and probably HP.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125128\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Another poster on another thread had this issue, and resolved it by activating (by checkbox) the "proactive HP support" option in the driver.
DDH
-
Another poster on another thread had this issue, and resolved it by activating (by checkbox) the "proactive HP support" option in the driver.
DDH
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125149\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Unfortunately, I already have that checked.
Hopefully someone else has encountered this.
-
Here's what Charles is seeing.
Note the discrepancy between the "Items needing attention" next to cartridge status and the "Warranty status" below. You can also see that HP Proactive Support is enabled.
(http://www.shutterfreaks.com/albums/album156/hp_error_1.jpg)
-
I've just had the same message appear too, all of a sudden out of the blue. Get the same information as above, and the readout on the printer screen shows everything as OK too. Might well be a software issue. Annoying anyway.
Neal
-
I've just had the same message appear too, all of a sudden out of the blue. Get the same information as above, and the readout on the printer screen shows everything as OK too. Might well be a software issue. Annoying anyway.
Neal
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125662\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm wondering if this is tied to a specific firmware level. I know that Charles hasn't upgraded yet to 5.0.0.4
-
This is a known bug HP needs to fix. Or so they told me.
John
-
Strange, everything seems back to normal now....only the normal status readings. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Was normal after turning the PC off and on.
Neal
-
same problem here. same out of warranty (inks and tubes). log page shows they are still in warranty.
these are the carts that came with the printer from hp. i have proactive selected.
-
I don't know if it is a known bug or not, but I had this on my shipping Z. There is a cache somewhere, probably printer hard drive related that is not updated or fetched when called. I told HP what happened, and they thought this was strange. Maybe I am the known bug in more ways than one.
It did clear, the next day, after I ran the utility on my Mac. When I went back to the PC it had disappeared.
There is also a cache problem when updating drivers or rather utility, on Mac , sometimes the utility will loose it's functions such as all calibrations, profiling etc, in the interface. It will appear later on for unknown reasons. I may have a lot of conflictual software though as I have 4 HP printers which are supposed to have links to the utilities.
-
I don't know if it is a known bug or not, but I had this on my shipping Z. There is a cache somewhere, probably printer hard drive related that is not updated or fetched when called. I told HP what happened, and they thought this was strange. Maybe I am the known bug in more ways than one.
It did clear, the next day, after I ran the utility on my Mac. When I went back to the PC it had disappeared.
There is also a cache problem when updating drivers or rather utility, on Mac , sometimes the utility will loose it's functions such as all calibrations, profiling etc, in the interface. It will appear later on for unknown reasons. I may have a lot of conflictual software though as I have 4 HP printers which are supposed to have links to the utilities.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126210\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't have the "Out of Warranty" issues (yet?) but I've seen in a number of occasions when the printer and Windows drivers/Easy Care don't seem to be in sync and I'm told that various profiles/calibrations are out of date . Rebooting either the printer or Windows or both seems to get things back in sync.
-
I don't have the "Out of Warranty" issues (yet?) but I've seen in a number of occasions when the printer and Windows drivers/Easy Care don't seem to be in sync and I'm told that various profiles/calibrations are out of date . Rebooting either the printer or Windows or both seems to get things back in sync.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=126228\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I went back to the PC last night and saw it again shows all out of warranty on ProActive support, the returning alerts thus are bugged.
I also tried to update the Easy Color 2.1 to 2.2 and I cannot find it in the remove install programs, nor can I install it in any other way. There is no uninstall in the Easy C folder. I wish HP would do at least a minimum of QA on their software. They keep posting updates faster than they are testing. I can understand that getting them out fast to quench the fires so to speak is showing good faith, but it is not a solution if installs go wrong, other things are broken and the most important things unfixed, such as the out of ink wastes a plot.
Yesterday on the Mac I tried to preview the borderless screen drawing of a 10 ppi solid color on 36" paper with HP PDF Preview. It took half an hour to finally come up, after the first half an hour froze. When it came up just clicking anywhere in the menu window caused yet another half hour of redrawing. totally unusable software for large plots.