Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: wmchauncey on June 22, 2007, 11:50:30 am

Title: print size
Post by: wmchauncey on June 22, 2007, 11:50:30 am
Is there a direct correlation between quality of image at a given % magnification in ACR and print size (working on 24" LCD monitor at 1920x1200)?  I'm asking that if I have a great image at 100%, how big can I make the print?
Title: print size
Post by: Box Brownie on June 25, 2007, 05:08:37 am
Quote
Is there a direct correlation between quality of image at a given % magnification in ACR and print size (working on 24" LCD monitor at 1920x1200)?  I'm asking that if I have a great image at 100%, how big can I make the print?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=124372\")

Not sure if this will help you but I have found it useful as a guide for resolution, apsect ratio and dpi as they relate to print sizes

With thanks to dpchallenge team [a href=\"http://www.dpcprints.com/help.php?faq_id=61]http://www.dpcprints.com/help.php?faq_id=61[/url]

HTH
Title: print size
Post by: mwookie on June 25, 2007, 10:21:15 am
Quote
Is there a direct correlation between quality of image at a given % magnification in ACR and print size (working on 24" LCD monitor at 1920x1200)?  I'm asking that if I have a great image at 100%, how big can I make the print?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=124372\")


I think this is something you have to get a feel for. I have recently moved form a 19" CRT to 22" LCD and have had to relearn what "good" looks like. Actual resolution of the image matters a look, but blowing something up to 24" on screen at 100% may be depressing some times. I am going for 60-70% now day for 8x10 to 10x13 production. I have made 20-30 prints of my 8.3MP images before, and they look great, but the viewing distance on the wall is further away.

Hope this is in someway helpful.

__________________________
"Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your children." Sam Levenson
[a href=\"http://www.iriselements.com]Graphic Design Company[/url] – Projects (Find Military Photos (http://www.imagetrail.net/military)– Microstock Forum - Sell your photos (http://www.microstockforum.com/forums))