Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Alexis Alvarez on June 19, 2007, 07:40:25 pm
-
I just printed photos for an exhibit on a friend's 5500, and was quite pleased with the results. Have another exhibit coming up, but the photos will all be B&W -- is this a good printer for B&W photos? If I can get the money together, plan to buy the 5500 in the next few weeks.
aa
-
Yes it is. I recommend using the Advanced B&W Photo driver for the deepest blacks, highest contrast, and better longevity.
-
Yes it is. I recommend using the Advanced B&W Photo driver for the deepest blacks, highest contrast, and better longevity.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well if it is the old Epson 5500 model with the Epson Archival pigment inkset you probably have the worst B&W printer around (metamerism) but that one doesn't have an ABW mode and extra grey inks. Just to make sure you are writing about an R2400.
Ernst Dinkla
www.pigment-print.com
-
I think the OP is probably writing about the PX-5500 which is the model name for the R2400 in Japan. But a good idea to check!
-
Make sure it uses the K3 Ultrachrome inks and you should be ok.